Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

59dodgedart
Returning Member

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

I've been fighting for a year and they charge me everytime they look into it, santa Barbara tax also is doing the same, I sent to them paperwork they sent me to get my refund and shock of all shocks they say they didnt get it, I found that B.B B. Is worthless, if ever a class a ton which is a waste  of time but if it happens I'm in, with all the complaints  that mirror mine shows these companies  are thieves, makes the politicians look like Angels.

Im having this same issue this year did anyone ever eventually receive there refund?

59dodgedart
Returning Member

My dear, don't  get your hopes up, I've been fighting for my 2018 refund for a year, every time I asked to find out they charge you and then silence, turbo tax charged me $160, then Santa Barbara  tax which is a third party  for turbo will search for a fee and they sent me an indemnity bond for and I completed it and emailed it to them and they said it got lost in their system, I sent it again and silence. 

59dodgedart
Returning Member

Mine was $314 and after not getting it their fee was $160 then Santa Barbara  tax which is a 3rd party money mover charged me for searches and after an indemnity bond form was sent too me and sent it back, they told me they didnt get it 

59dodgedart
Returning Member

Santa Barbara  tax is what turbo tax uses for the money part and they also are in it to charge you $100 then they hold it so if you ask they will charge you for a search, a year into it my $314 is now $64 and still nothing, they even se t me a document  to sign and email back and they sent me an email back saying they didn't  get it.

59dodgedart
Returning Member

They robbed me but not at the extent of what you were robbed at, I not a sue happy person and class action  lawsuits are stupid but I will sign up for that stupid move Lol.

So I have also been using turbo tax for three years and never had a problem with them until this year we did everything they told us to we had received our state refund on our card but not our federal TurboTax kept telling us that it would be deposited to our bank account by February 27th and never did so we called and apparently Santa Barbara taxproductgroup sent us a check without informing us and they took $300 out of us which is way more then what they were supposed to take. They told us we could cash the check at our local Walmart or at any bank without an account which we tried everywhere and no place will cash the check because santa Barbara sent us a cashier's check instead of a refund check  And Everytime we call them to ask them questions or ask them to put it on our card they keep telling us they can't put it on our card because they don't want to pay to cancel the check.

And on top of all things the even worse part is the santa Barbara told me that some place had verified my check without my knowledge and they refused to send me a new one and told me send them back that check they will send me another one in 8 weeks. Does anyone know what I can do or have any advice anything will help I greatly appreciate it. Thank you 

bigajf154

Hi Anniem , my Son chose the same option doing his 2019 taxes. He never followed up on that refund. Now they put his $1200 stimulus check on that same card. Can you help me with a phone number you used and  any advise. Or just the phone number. I’m sending you Healthy Blessings for you. Thank you a concerned Mom (Wendy). My email is [email address removed]

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, you have two options:

1) If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account https://secure.turbodebitcard.intuit.com/account/report-lost-or-stolen.

2) If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance.

You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.

If calling, please be patient. It might take a number of attempts to get through.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I WANT TO JOIN!! Like yesterday! How do I know this is legit & what do I need to do?

Join What ???    This is a forum for turbotax users to ask income tax questions.

Joe904

I would because it a scram because I talk to the irs and they said if anything is on hold you will get a letter from irs 

elgipson

I would like to assist with the class action. SBTPG held my refund for over two weeks after I had previously paid Turbo Tax a month prior to my return arriving (took 3 1/2 months from IRS). I had to track down my return to SBTPG like so many others only to discover my funds being held for “suspicious activity” on an account opened by turbo tax for my refund processing. They state the money is held in a “non-interest bearing account so SNTPG allegedly does not profit from the interest of thousands of returns they are holding for no reason. This is a fraud scheme and it is obvious. We just need an attorney to bite and it should not be a difficult lawsuit at the end of the day. Do you have anyone yet?

@elgipson did your refund ever come through from SBTPG?  I am in the same situation and struggling very much to not feel hopeless. I have a significant refund owed to me, that the IRS says they disbursed 9 days ago. When I went through Turbotax to look into it, that's when I found out about SBTPG and similarly, account which I never knew was there was suspended for "suspicious activity" and no way to even send ANY documents because they state on the site "the current account status is not eligible". I am at a dead end and absolutely contemplating legal action since the amount owed is large. 

How did you reach anybody?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies