Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TPG is holding funds, TT unable to be reached

I'm having the same issue now I'm working with my lawyer to go after TT and TPG

Class action lawsuit. 

It's not that our refund was short. We never received our refund. And your copy and paste response to everyone is not helpful since you are not actually reading what people are saying. Can't get ahold of anyone to fix issues. 

Alright everyone it’s possible! I spent 3 and a half hours on hold yesterday but got through yesterday. All they did was give me an email address to email my info to verify my id. So save yourself 3 and a half hours and email a picture of the front and back of your id to [email address removed] I went ahead and put absolutely everything in my email. Amount, filing status, birthday, social, address, and phone number, and my money is pending in my checking account this morning! Good luck everyone, I know how frustrating this is!

@CrexJr  Can you please give us the email you used??? That would help so much!!! I am ready to send my info over this mama is ready for this money! 

@CrexJr  Since they remove anything that helps someone out to get there money you will probably have to space out the email so it doesn't delete. 

Yeah I include it but they must have deleted it. I’ll try this way 

support “at” sbtpg . com

@CrexJr 

thank you!!! 

@CrexJr, I’ve emailed them 3 ways with my ID and haven’t so much as gotten a response. I went through the website ticket request (not where you’re supposed to be able to go to add it since that doesn’t work) and the email that’s listed. Can you please type out the email address with spaces so it doesn’t get deleted on this thread? Ex: customer service at TPG dot com. Hopefully something like that wouldn’t get deleted. Ty!!!

@CrexJr, we must have been simo responding. I see your response, thanks so much!!! 

Shutup

@MoniqueLO_  What if your paychecks were not being posted to your account because of a 3rd or 4th party not doing it? You rely on those, don't you?

This is a generic answer you give everyone. No one can reach the bank or Turbo Tax about this. I can not believe that for 20 years I have paid all fees to Turbo Tax and others upfront so there was never a 3rd or 4th party in between my refund and me! The one time I get lazy and think 'no, this is a credible tax service'... here I am again, for the first time in 20 years... fighting to get our refund from 3rd and 4th parties who are keeping our refunds, storing up interest, and perhaps just stealing it all together! I've filed a claim at BBB. I suggest all do the same. I will look into filing a claim with both my state and the state of California's Attorney General after I post this. 

Support at SBTPG dot com is no longer active. These are the actions of a theif.

All, I just stumbled on this thread by accident and cannot believe what I am reading. I am very sorry. Perhaps I'll be next? I noticed that one of the TT employees wrote about the "customers who used the Refund Transfer Service". What part of your tax filing process is triggering this refund transfer service (TPG) to get into the picture?

It appears that everyone is talking about the TT fees to be deducted from your refund? What fees? I thought filing the Fed was free. I am very confused.

* Did you folks file using the TT's free web/online version, or the purchased Windows/Mac desktop program?
* Did you purchase the "Audit protection" at the end and then chose to have the fee deducted from your refund?
* Or is it related to paying the State filing fee?

I appreciate your time to educate me which perhaps can help future filers avoid this issue. Thank you.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@BK2000

For information on the Refund Processing Service if you used Pay with My Return, please see the Help Article here.  

Not all returns are free.  If you have to upgrade versions depending on what forms you file, you may incur charges.  For information on our different versions, please see our Products page.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies