turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lmock2011

How to file a 1099-S form, on the sale of my deceased mother's land, on a amended return? The info I have looked up and been sent does not get my to the correct place?

I have looked up and been given info on how to amend, which I have already started, and I was sent info on "where" to file my 1099-S form, but when I pull up, where I was told to go, it doesn't bring up the place to be able to key in my 1099-S form for the sale of land of my deceased mother. I need to know exactly where to go to be able to key that form in on my amended return I am trying to file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How to file a 1099-S form, on the sale of my deceased mother's land, on a amended return? The info I have looked up and been sent does not get my to the correct place?

To report the sale you need to go to the Income section of the Federal return

Go to the Investment Income section and select stock and other sales

This will walk you thru the reporting of the "other" asset you have.

If you have more questions please post in this chain.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Are you filing an amendment for your mother's return or your return?  Is this land you inherited?
lmock2011

It's on my return, I had already filed my taxes and they sent it to me over a month or so later, telling me that I would "have" to amend my taxes for this year. The land was my Mom's and my step dad's, but both of them are deceased, and we sold it in August 2018.

okay, I'm typing out the answer so this may take a minute.

To report the sale you need to go to the Income section of the Federal return

Go to the Investment Income section and select stock and other sales

This will walk you thru the reporting of the "other" asset you have.

If you have more questions please post in this chain.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies