Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Salonen

Can I print 1040 ES for 2019 if I filed for and extension. And if yes then where do I get a straight answer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Salonen

Can I print 1040 ES for 2019 if I filed for and extension. And if yes then where do I get a straight answer?

To prepare estimate vouchers for 2019 from 2018 tax return I used a different route that one suggested .

The answer that I got to my question was to go to select 1040-es, and from there to click on the "Jump to" link.

except that there was no "Jump to" link to click on. I called Turbotax and spoke to a rep. who led me another way to find how to prepare the vouchers for 2019. Here is the sequence to go there:

After loging in, 

click: Take me to my return; on the next page, left hand side click on "Tax Tools" ; then "Tools". Once you get to the "Tools Center" page, Click "Topic Search". On next page scroll to "1040-es, estimated tax for next year" and click "GO". On next page select "No" to the question "do you want to change your W-4 withholding for 2019". From here to next page follow instructions.

Good Luck. 

E.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Salonen

To prepare estimate vouchers for 2019 from 2018 tax return I used a different route that one suggested .

The answer that I got to my question was to go to select 1040-es, and from there to click on the "Jump to" link.

except that there was no "Jump to" link to click on. I called Turbotax and spoke to a rep. who led me another way to find how to prepare the vouchers for 2019. Here is the sequence to go there:

After loging in, 

click: Take me to my return; on the next page, left hand side click on "Tax Tools" ; then "Tools". Once you get to the "Tools Center" page, Click "Topic Search". On next page scroll to "1040-es, estimated tax for next year" and click "GO". On next page select "No" to the question "do you want to change your W-4 withholding for 2019". From here to next page follow instructions.

Good Luck. 

E.  

HelenaC

Yes, as long as you pay for the TurboTax product. You can calculate your 2019 estimated taxes and generate the payment vouchers by doing this:

1. With your tax return open, search for 1040-es (be sure to include the dash) and select the “Jump to” link.
  2. Answer No to the question Do you want to change your W-4 withholdings for 2019?
  3. On the next screen, Review Your Estimates, select Review Now. Answer the questions about things like your 2019 filing status, income, and deductions.
  4. Eventually, you'll come to the Print Vouchers? screen. Answer Yes and we'll include your 2019 1040-ES payment vouchers when you print a copy of your return later.

Rest assured that TurboTax uses the most recent tax rates when calculating your 2019 estimated taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies