Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vette59

There used to be a previous year to current year comparison showing highlights of your taxes such as gross, net, tax rate, and so on. Now I can't find any info like that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

There used to be a previous year to current year comparison showing highlights of your taxes such as gross, net, tax rate, and so on. Now I can't find any info like that.

Here is how you can find the two year comparison in TurboTax.  Follow these steps"

1. While in your Tax Home,
  2. Select Tax Tools,
  3. Select Print Center
  4. Select your 2019 federal and state returns,.
  5. Select Print all forms and worksheets,
  6. Scroll through the data, You'll see the 5-year history first.
  7. Keep scrolling to find the 2-year comparison before the Tax Summary page
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Scott2han

thanks for your suggestion. However I followed your instructions in Turbotax premiere on my laptop. However I still only get 2019 results in the 5 year comparison and don't see the 2 year comparison at all. 

This information seems out of date with the latest Turbotax. I don't have a Tax Tools item. 

In past years, I was able to see a side-by-side comparison of two consecutive returns. The comparison was not of the return documents themselves, but between the Turbotax categories in which you enter various types of income and deductions. For instance, I could compare the same 1099-INT amounts (one of several 1099-INTs) between two years.

Are you using the Online version or the Desktop program?  In my Desktop program I have this two year comparison.  Is this what you are looking for?

Compare 2 year.jpg

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. I'm using the online version. And I used to be able to see a table like yours. But I think the interface has changed. How do you find this table?

Hmmmm,  I'll have to log into my online test account and see if I can find it.  BUT you probably have to download the pdf file to see all the forms and worksheets.

Before filing you can preview the 1040 or print the whole return. You have to pay any fees first before you can see all the forms, etc.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

Yes, comparing the actual tax forms is what I'm doing now. But it's easier to compare the tables. I'm looking for things like forgetting to enter a 1099 form this year which I entered last year.

Well if you transferred from 2019 then all the 1099s will be there but it might not list the amounts.  It should be in the table to update each one with the 2020 amounts.  Mine are.  Like here's mine, I haven't entered any 2020 amounts yet but the banks are listed.

Interest list.jpg  

Thanks, that does help make sure nothing is missing. But in the past it's been useful to see the line items and that the amounts for each are similar. The names of some accounts don't really tell me what they are.

So is the answer - you can no longer compare year over year?  I can't locate a way other than printing them all out and comparing page by page.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Currently the comparison is only viewable in the Turbo Tax Desktop @rmattson325

If you have additional questions, you can contact customer support by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JPG3I
Returning Member

IT DID NOT DOWNLOAD?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Here is how you can find the two year comparison in TurboTax. Follow these steps"

1. While in your Tax Home,
  2. Select Tax Tools,
  3. Select Print Center
  4. Select your 2019 federal and state returns,.
  5. Select Print all forms and worksheets,
  6. Scroll through the data, You'll see the 5-year history first.
  7. Keep scrolling to find the 2-year comparison before the Tax Summary page

"Expert Alumni ReginaM"

@JPG3I

Bravo. Spot on, thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies