turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

camaro80%

The IRS is claiming I didnt do my taxes in 2018 how do I open 2018 I pressed see all returns and it only goes back to 2019?

I need to print 2018 how do I find them?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

The IRS is claiming I didnt do my taxes in 2018 how do I open 2018 I pressed see all returns and it only goes back to 2019?

many have multiple accounts. 

see this link for a/c recovery

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/accountant-access/forgot-user-id-passwor... 

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

Or is the IRS saying you didn't pay a tax due?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you don't find your 2018 tax return in a different account, see the following FAQ for some other possibilities.

Why can't I find my return in Tax Home or My Docs?

Did you use TurboTax to file your 2018 tax return? If you used other software, or someone prepared the return for you, it won't be in TurboTax.

Of course, if you can't find your 2018 tax return anywhere, there is one last possibility. Maybe the IRS is right. Maybe you never filed for 2018.

or did you use the TT Desktop version for 2018?  If so, look on your computer hard drive.

And....does the IRS say you did not file for 2018---or that you did not pay your tax due for 2018?   If they are saying you did not pay the tax you owed, then your only proof that you paid will be your own bank or credit card statements showing the payment.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies