turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The irs mailed my amended return refund on 2/25 how long does it take for me to receive my check? Is it 3-5 business days?

I called the IRS and they said they mailed out my amended return on the 25 of Feb 2019. My question is, how long does it take to receive my refund? Is it 3-5 business days? It’s my 2017 amended return.took them a year to finish...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The irs mailed my amended return refund on 2/25 how long does it take for me to receive my check? Is it 3-5 business days?

The general consensus is 3-5 business days to get the check, however it really depends on the post office. It could take longer or it could be less. I would say allow up to 10 days.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The general consensus is 3-5 business days to get the check, however it really depends on the post office. It could take longer or it could be less. I would say allow up to 10 days.

But on the irs website it hasn’t said completed yet... so I don’t understand why they told me they already mailed my check.
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you don't get it in 10 days I would call them. The general number is 800-829-1040.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies