Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

korjon418

My tax return that I filled out in 2015 was received by the IRS with different information than what I had entered.

The amount of unemployment compensation that was entered is different from what the IRS received. Now I am being charged back tax on the difference for a mistake I did not make. How do I go about being compensated for the processing mistake by turbo tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My tax return that I filled out in 2015 was received by the IRS with different information than what I had entered.

9 Replies

Did you enter it in the wrong location? On what line of the actual tax return does it appear?
korjon418

The amount was entered in the right location. On my return it shows $6250 and then what the IRS received shows $625. It is line 19

If your return shows more income you should be getting a refund from the IRS.  And it's looks clear that you made a typing error and added a zero at the end of the amount.  What amount is on the 1099G you received for if?
korjon418

No when I filed, I entered the $6250 and I verified that with a copy of my return. Somehow when it was sent to the IRS the 0 got dropped off.

"Now I am being charged back tax" Sounds like $6250 was the correct number, but the IRS only saw $625. Maybe OP typed in a decimal point?

Oh I misread your post.  Oh you entered 6250 but the IRS shows 625.  Did you efile or mail your return?  If you mailed it the IRS clerk could have typed it in wrong.

Or maybe it got changed in the TT file after it was filed.
korjon418

I filed it and as soon as I submit I print it out. My print out shows the correct amount entered. There is no decimal points or error on my end. The error occurred from after I filed to when the IRS received it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies