turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have paid tax through a payroll company for our nanny. They filled out a Schedule H which I need added to our return to show tax paid how do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I have paid tax through a payroll company for our nanny. They filled out a Schedule H which I need added to our return to show tax paid how do I do that?

If you are e-filing your return, you will need to fill out Schedule H in TurboTax so that it is transmitted with your return.  If you are going to mail in your return, just include the paper copy of Schedule H prepared by the payroll company.

Schedule H will calculate the Household Employment Taxes you owe, but you also need to enter the tax payments  you paid under "estimated taxes."

Prepare Schedule H

To prepare a Schedule H in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal Taxes > Other Tax Situations.  [In TT Self-Employed: Personal > Personal Income > I’ll choose what I work on > Other Tax Situations.]
  2. Scroll down to the Additional Tax Payments section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to Nanny and Household Employee Tax.
  3. Continue through the screens, entering the required information.

Enter tax payments

Federal withholding is reported in the process of preparing Schedule H.  To report any federal/state/local tax payments you made, please follow these steps:
  1. Click on Federal TaxesDeductions & Credits.  [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Deductions & Credits]
  2. In the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section, click on the Start/Update box next to Estimates.
  3. On the next screen, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Federal [or State or local] estimated taxes for 2016. 
  4. Enter your payment(s) on the next screen, How much did you pay in Federal [or State or local] estimated taxes? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much for the answer.  I had a couple of other questions.  1.  Do I include the amount for medicare and SS as an employer in the federal tax area or do I just enter the Federal amount?  I imagine that I include the state portion in the state estimated taxes correct?
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

If you mean the entry under estimated tax payments, include the total--the withholding, medicare and SS.  [You have to enter the total amount because the total amount will be included in your tax bill.]
You're right -- enter the state portion in the state estimated taxes section and you should be good to go!
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies