turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stanleap
Returning Member

How do I replace the version of 'tax2015' file being used in 2yrComp. Version now used incomplete. Unused correct file was left in Downloads folder.

The not-yet-completed file's #'s have to be replaced with the final 'tax2015' #'s  Where must that file be entered?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I replace the version of 'tax2015' file being used in 2yrComp. Version now used incomplete. Unused correct file was left in Downloads folder.

Solved in above discussion.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Are you saying that when you started your 2016 desktop return this year, that the wrong *.tax2015 data file transferred in?  i.e., that the version of the *.tax2015 data file had incomplete or incorrect information, and that you have another *.tax2015 data file with the correct and completed 2015 return?

If so, then to get the correct 2015 data file transferred into a 2016 return, you would need to start a new 2016 return and transfer the correct 2015 file at the start.  You cannot transfer a 2015 file into an already-started 2016 return.

The 2 year comparison screen?  I know you can manually add it if it's missing so you might be able to change the amounts.

Go to Business tab-Continue
Choose Jump to Full List -or I'll choose what I work on
Then…
Business Income and Expenses- Click the Start or Update button

You should see the Business Summary page that lists your businesses

Then click EDIT by the business name and the next screen should be a list of  topics,
Business Profile, Income, Inventory/Cost of Goods Sold, Expenses, Assets, and Final Details last.

Scroll down to Final Details -  Two Year Comparison
stanleap
Returning Member

Thank you both! epo39b, you correctly deciphered my poor attempt at brevity. VolvoGirl, I am sorry it  threw you off. I suspected that it would take starting a new return.  Again, a sincere thanks to you both.

You're welcome.  If you started a new return and it worked, we're glad you now have the correct info transferred.

Solved in above discussion.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies