Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

@Brittbrat689 what number did you call for the IRS? Please let me know. I have called every number and it is just recordings saying no live agents would be available at this time. It doesn't even give an option to talk to an agent

I called this number and followed prompts that someone else posted - waited on hold for almost an hour just to be told that “collections does NOT have access to stimulus payment information”.    I’m sorry, but I tend to believe the agent I spoke with, especially since the response that showed the steps to call has since been removed.    We aren’t all in the same boat together but we are all in the same storm; I wish people wouldn’t post falsified information just to get a kudos or “yeah you” comments.  

1320B6DB-325D-4196-9512-5264C3121529.png

@angieb270 

I was told the same when I called that number. He was friendly enough, but he stated they couldn't access those systems, and he didn't even seem to know anything about a "glitch" or problems with Stimulus payments being deposited. He gave a "Stimulus payment line", but haven't been able to get past the recording as of yet. 

@angieb270 

Their post was removed because it had personal information in it (was a screenshot of a chat). That said, I agree, the agent I spoke with was adamant that they couldn't help with stimulus payments. 

why would irs collections have any info on stimulus? you are just wasting your time and theirs calling. 

ad19
Level 3

Yes I decided to open a Chime account and it worked! I didn't get a message about a check I got a message stating it was successful and they will update with a deposit date when then have one... hope this helps. 

Also. My information input for the second * asking for refund amount OR amount owed. If you did not owe do not put 0, u must input your full federal amount received if you already filed. If you owed obviously put amt owed. There is a small ? If you need directions on what line to look at on your return. 

@Patrick73  - same!! The agent I spoke to was courteous, even when I tried pushing.  LOL She was very nice and even apologized for the wrong information given.   

@Smashboxx  - agreed, that’s an hour of time I’ll never get back.  LOL 

@Smashboxx 

The agents who are working right now are "real" agents, not the temp help that answers the phone most of the time during tax season. They don't just work collections, he didn't even mention that; that just happens to be one of the few extensions the IRS deems "essential" right now (unsurprisingly, since it concerns them receiving revenue, not sending it out). I've had help with other issues calling similar numbers, even had one transfer me to another campus to have a form worked right then and there (Injured Spouse). He made it clear he could help with a lot of issues, including if there was an identity issue (which is a holdup for some people right now). He just stated that they don't have any access to the stimulus system at all, and could only refer me to that automated line. I can't imagine anyone else calling would have any better luck. 

@iamgaiden did the IRS tell you you were getting a check or does it still say DD?

Mine originally said dd now it says check 

Mine was never deposited into my TT card. I have informed delivery through USPS and I got an email this morning with a picture of a paper check coming soon. Informed delivery is awesome, because you know its coming so you know when to get it out of your mailbox. For those who don't know what informed delivery is, USPS sends you photos of the mail that is going to be put into your mailbox. I wasn't too happy that the check wasn't deposited onto my TT card, but my mind is finally at ease knowing its in the mail and on it way, because I couldn't check on the IRS get my payment tool. It kept kicking me out. I wish everyone the best of luck. 

I give up. I put my TT DD info last Wednesday. I still have no payment date. Keeps saying that “I am eligible & when they have a payment date it will update.” I’m not doing business with TT anymore. This has been a headache. And I pay for my service with TT every year. Your loss! 

Talking to the IRS and she explained that those who got the advance refund on the TC will all be receiving checks. At this point I can't check the status so I'm done worrying about it.. good luck everyone

I got my paper check today even though it said it wasn’t being mailed until tomorrow 4/24. Good luck everyone, hope you get it soon!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies