Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Refund - Santa Barbara Tax Group - Tax Products Group

They have my funds too. I've been waiting since the end of February and even had to have the IRS do a trace. For them to withhold everyone's money is illegal. I will never be using TurboTax ever again.

@dannyott I'm a paralegal for complex litigation and I am having the same issue. I know this was from 2019, but has there been a class action initiated? I'm ready to get in on it and bring counsel

Regards 

Carrie

no one cares they have their money and there isn't anything anyone can do about it iv chalked my 3200 or so dollars up as a loss. 

I don't think so. I am inexperienced in this matter but I am having my own issues with them, same as everybody.

Please let me know as well. I've been waiting since the end of February and they keep telling me to fill out indemnity forms to reissue checks. I'm tired of them and tired of waiting.

Same here. I had to have the IRS trace it to them.

Same here! We have proof from the IRS they owe us $1,100

Slbsr
Returning Member

Hey I’m in the same situation. Did you resolve the situation?

Slbsr
Returning Member

I’ve been waiting for an amended return for almost two years. When the irs finally processed my refund of 6000 it was sent to a closed bank account. The bank reject the funds and they bounced back to SBTGP. Since then it’s been a hassle. SBTGP said i needed to contact the bank because they don’t have the funds . I’ve contacted the bank a numerous amount of times. They reassured ever time that the fund where sent back. They provided information proving the funds where sent back. However SBTGP says they didn’t receive them. 

@Slbsr nope I have chalked it up to a loss, eventually who ever runs this joke of a company will get their just dues for stealing so many peoples money, what's really funny is how this entire thread is pretty much silent from turbotax support, they know the **bleep**ed everyone this year out of alot of money, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped off the face of the earth and rebranded into another company just so that they can do it again.

Slbsr
Returning Member

Yeah but it gotta be a way for us to stand against them

• I just got my check the other day. I had too get TurboTax to reach out to them by filing a BBB Complaint against intuit.

I was also about to have an attorney send a letter of demand to them.

@Slbsr When you file an amended tax return the IRS never pays the refund by direct deposit.  The IRS will only mail a check to the address on your Form 1040X, so you must have some sort of misunderstanding about your amended return.   If you truly amended and sent in a 1040X, there could not be any involvement at all with the third party bank.

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
judelmc50
Returning Member

I'm in the same situation. I would be happy to join you in a class action suit.  I can't even talk to anyone over the phone for help. Sant Barbara Tax Group ?????? That was not disclosed on the tax program . When I checked what fees were deducted from my returns and there is a signifucant difference in the amount that went to Direct Deposit.  I am. outraged !!! I have been on hold for 57 minutes. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies