Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

judelmc50
Returning Member

Tax Refund - Santa Barbara Tax Group - Tax Products Group

I do not see a picture and do not see anywhere that Santa Barbara Bank was disclosed. I am outraged !!!! 

Save your return PDF with all the worksheets to see the 4 page agreement you signed when asking for the TT fees to be withheld from your federal refund ... nothing was hidden from you.  The entire agreement was available for you to look at before you continued so if you signed a contract without knowing what it said then you are the one to blame. 

If you have filed your federal tax return and it has been accepted by the IRS -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

refund proc 2022 -1 .jpgrefund proc 2022 - 2.jpgpay with refund consent page.PNGpay with refund consent page...2...PNG.jpg

That said NEVER use any refund processing service ever if you can avoid it ... always pay the program fees upfront or better yet use one of the IRS FREE FILE options ( for 2021 your AGI had to be $73K or less)... 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

Arf2
Returning Member

What was the end result. They have been holding my refund for 4 mths now.still nothing

I finally got my check less than a week later. 

Did you get your refund yet. They are requesting to return my to the irs also. This is a joke!

nope @cboncal1972 still missing the 3200+ they are a bunch of **bleep** **bleep**  thief's that couldn't care less about their people, I have reached out over and over they just ignore me now, don't respond here, they just don't care, they have your money and you aren't getting back so you might as well just chalk it up to a loss, hey TurboTax why don't you go and burn in hell for all of the lives you have **bleep** up this tax season.

@OHNOWORDSHURT Profanity and threats will get you banned.

@SweetieJean Oh no a ban, heaven forbid I get banned, well one there was no threat in my last comment, and two when you have a company that you trust with your money and then they steal it then you can tell me how to feel. I'm sorry words hurt but the fact still remains money stolen = I couldn't care less about your feelings. Have a Great Day word Nazi!!

mablini
Returning Member

And here I thought I had inadvertently dropped the last number of my routing number... which hasn't changed since I started using TT seven years ago.

Keyana9jabar
Returning Member

I am looking to file a lawsuit can you point me in the right direction please I have been waiting for 5 months for my tax return and still haven't gotten it I have called for the whole month of July with no luck I have filled 3 complaints withe the BBB I have called the attorney General I have filled out 3 indemnity forms 3 checks was supposedly mailed I haven't received nothing no luck with commenting with tax products group its no way this company has this many complaints and holding possible millions of people hard earned money and no one is doing anything about it for the last 4 months i have everyone names and ID number and everyone at this company doesn't care that people like myself depend on their money and they don't care

Keyana9jabar
Returning Member

I tried the Facebook page its not coming up im trying to be adding if their is a lawsuit brought against tax products group I have been waiting for 5 months for my return with no help from the many complaints I have filed with over a month of calling and getting hung up on and no real communication in person over the phone contacted a lawyer in California and not step new segment about them withholding ppl money 

@Keyana9jabar (and others) - can I make a suggestion?

SBTPG is a subsidiary of Green Dot Bank.  

Your refund is being deposited into a Green Dot Bank bank account and then withdrawn from that bank account and forwarded to YOUR bank (net of the fees that are due to Turbo Tax).

That means that the transaction is regulated by Green Dot Bank's regulators: the OCC and the CFPB.  

I would suggest that an effective way to bring up the issues you are having is to complain to the OCC and the CFPB.  If there are enough complaints, these two regulatory organizations will take notice. 

this is the complaint form for the OCC (note that the name of the bank is "Green Dot" be sure to use the space between the two words)

https://appsec.helpwithmybank.gov/olcc_form/ 

for the CFPB: 

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

you are likely to get better results as indiviudals than the cost and effort to file a lawsuit

Good luck!

Am still waiting for my refund to be sent back to the IRS from May 18th,2022 until now 9/26/2022 any advice TPG is a steak FRAUD 

Am sorry to hear that, did you received your funds now

I turned these jerks into the banking commission and tomorrow morning into the wisconsin attorney General. Irs confirmed they sent my money on June 22,2022. Simple return with no excuse. I'm 64 with easy return. Won't answer call or return calls. Too bad for them! Suing for 3 times my refund  and I will win! My boyfriend is a attorney and referred me to the correct agency 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies