Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Tax filing pending after 48 hrs, with form 5695

Some of you may have experienced pending delays with returns containing Form 5695.

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

Some customers may have received an email with instructions on how to proceed. If so, please follow the directions given in your email.

@Jordan40422 @MRC76 @Retired In Florida @PMGMAG @hellozero @Dreis1569 @AndyBflo 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’m a programmer and my sense is that it’s a code issue or cyber attack that TT is deal in with. The IRS finished all of its updates for the 5695 weeks ago. TT is the only file co that has had an issue. 
Regardless, TT owes its clients an explanation. 

The desktop software FAQ is how to update... 

I thank you for jumping in to the discussion; but updating on my end doesn't solve the submitted return that's incomplete.

How do we address the larger issue of submitting incorrect forms to the IRS, and getting another opportunity to submit corrected ones? 

Again; I realize you're not programming the software. Please don't take this as personal, it's just a blunt question that may not have an easy answer.

My Turbotax is up to date as of now. I added the line 21c address after the most recent update (which I also did in my original filing); but it does not allow me to re-file. Please advise how we should proceed. 

@CatinaT1 

I filed on 02/08/24 with the 5695 form and still pending. Can't seem to get and assistance or answers.  Has anyone had any luck getting a resolution 

Thankfully my return just got officially rejected. I am hoping this means I can now fix all the problems with Residential Energy form and refile. Fingers crossed.

I just got notifications and emails saying my federal and state was rejected. All due to TT energy form. It was full of more errors that were present when that battery storage box popped up a few days ago. Just refilled now 

AEX6
Level 2

Forms rejected. Due to errors in 5695

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If your return is rejected, follow the steps below and resubmit.

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

Some customers may have received an email with instructions on how to proceed. If so, please follow the directions given in your email.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If your return is rejected, follow the steps below and resubmit.

mine still says pending.

For those who got rejected,  is it over 72 hours or longer? Also do we have to pay for efiling the state tax again? Thanks!

Same situation since the 7th, I was just notified that mine was REJECTED by the IRS!!! 

I just got my rejection notice because of errors in the 5695. I wish TT could've helped us all days ago. Instead, we were strung along and lied to. 

I have same issue. I filed on Thursday 02/08/24 and as of Today 02/12/24 the taxes are showing “pending” It shows TT submitted to IRS on Saturday 02/10/24 and it’s still pending. There has to be an issue for so many of us having this problem. 

The email I received says this: 

What happened
F5695-036 - If Form 5695, 'HomeLocatedInUSAInd' or 'OriginalUserInd' or 'FiveYearUseExpectationInd' have a choice of "No" indicated, then 'HomeAddress' must not have a value.
F5695-007-04 - If Form 5695, 'HomeAddress' has a value, then 'HomeLocatedInUSAInd' and 'OriginalUserInd' and 'FiveYearUseExpectationInd' must have a choice of "Yes" indicated.

So, I answered all these questions while filing and the program didn’t fill the form out. I ran my return through twice to check for errors and it didn’t catch this? Now they want me to trust it will do it right this time? I’ve been using TT since 2012,  now I’m too scared to continue using this company. I will be filing elsewhere! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies