Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax filing pending after 48 hrs, with form 5695

It seems like I'm seeing more and more people that filed the night of 2/7/23 with the form 5695 for energy tax credit, getting stuck in pending status. Usually a decision comes pretty quickly from the IRS for taxes submitted. I called support and they did not know what to do, said they were filed just waiting on IRS decision. But it seems odd that there is so many people stating this. Others that submitted after 2/7 with the form 5695 have been accepted. I'm thinking there is a bug somewhere that has our tax forms stuck pending somewhere in the system, since the 5695 form was released the night of 2/7. How do I get someone to look into this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

250 Replies

Same issue here. Would love a resolution. 

Hang in there ... once you have submitted the return it is up to the IRS to accept or reject it and this can take a few minutes or a up to a few days ... nothing you can do but wait. 

I have the same issue and have seen the same post on other boards that those that filed the following day on 2/8 were accepted right away and everyone on 2/7 is pending. It is so frustrating after waiting to file already. It had to be an issue here and not the IRS. I was planning on requesting a call from their chat when it opens today. 

Please let us know what they say. I have even seen people say that they went ahead and filed with another tax service because TT was still pending and theirs was accepted right away with the IRS through the other service while their TT one is still pending.  I would hate to have to pay again though. 

Did you see which program they used? I didn’t realize you could do that. If I can’t get an answer today, that is what I will do because this is ridiculous. I will let you know in a few hours what they say. 

I think they said HR Block. I didn't know you could do that either. Kind of on the fence if I would want to try that, don't want to mess anything up in addition to paying again. 

Same here. Very aggravating and I plan on pursuing this with a rep as its clearly a systemic issue with TT 

Tax Act, I spoke with a customer service rep from TT yesterday and they told me that TT is holding my return for review. They would not tell me why they are, or when they will release it this seems to be an issue with those who filed as soon as the new form went live (i submitted at 901 pm).

I filed with Tax act after hanging up with the CS rep and received both my submission email as well as my federal acceptance email at the same time, same time stamp. Also my WMR updated at the time as well. 

State updated to accepted shortly after that. 

Its been 56 hrs TT has been setting on my return. Others are reporting 72+ hrs on reddit and still no acceptance. 

Good Luck 

Oh, and i also received a larger refund from Tax Act.

Hello, I filed 2/8/24 @ 8:15am CT, with form 5695 Energy credits and still on “Pending”  going on 48 hours and no communication from TT.  The no updates is frustrating, when the norm was a few minutes on past years !  All I ask is for communication thanks you 

Not to be negative, however, it would seem that “communication” seems to be a thing of the past…sadly. 

Thank you. Will try this as well. This is beyond frustrating and it’s obvious it hasn’t been transmitted. 

I looked it up and only one will be accepted. So whenever TT does actually transmit ours it will just get rejected cause it’s a duplicate. I will use tax act as someone just mentioned in the comments 

I'm experiencing this very same issue. Filed on 2/8/2024 @ 7:21 AM CST.  Status is still pending. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies