Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus Check seemingly fell into a Black Hole.

When I first went to My Payment website they did not have my direct deposit bank codes on file. I read online that if you owe money as I do then the route code and account code given in Turbo Tax is not used by the IRS.  Subsequently I was able to manually enter in my bank codes and My Payment tells me I will be receiving a payment to my bank and they will give me a date of deposit.  However this same message has been on their site for over 5 days.  Still no deposit into my bank.  I feel I've slipped through the crack.

I can't call the IRS as they aren't taking any calls and if they did I'd probably wait for a representative well after the cows come home.  Any thoughts on this?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

37 Replies

If you bank account number is being shown on the IRS get my payment website, then that is the account where the stimulus will be deposited.  When the stimulus is sent is based on the IRS schedule which has not been published.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

My Payment shows this:

Payment Status
You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.
We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.
Bank Account Number: ************7266
Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

I was led to believe that direct deposits would happen very quickly.  They are sending out checks this week aren't they?  Also if I am correct in what I read online that the IRS does not use the bank codes I had on my TT forms because I owe money which were electronically sent in then perhaps TT should mention this.  I also used TT to set up a date of payment using my bank which I subsequently cancelled and will schedule close to the new July 15th deadline.

Again, direct deposit is supposed to occur fast.  I sure hope I am not on the send payment as a check list!

The same thing is happening to me. I gave them my bank info on April 15th and still nothing. 

@Lowery732003 @streetwolf - the IRS told Congress that if you update your banking information by a Thursday, the direct deposit would occur by the following Friday.  I updated mine last Wednesday and am getting the same message you did.  that leaves Friday for the IRS to make the commitment .

I also updated my bank info on April 15, and have the same message described since then. It is now April 23rd. 

@TravNC - but it is not April 24th, which is the IRS commitment for updated banking information provided between April 10 and April 16

It's April 23rd. If what you say is true, than why doesn't the payment status message change from "Once we have your payment date, we will update this page" to something like "On Friday, April 24th we will deposit your payment to the bank account below".

@smac2 -  in my opinion, because they had to throw this website together in two weeks!  give them some credit! 

Can you share a link stating that IRS will do a deposit the following Friday after deposit info has been updated? I must’ve missed that. Thanks!

@TravNC 

go to this link

https://waysandmeans.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/ways-and-means-committee-covid-19-resourc...

half way down the page there is a further link titled:

"Expected Timeline for Economic Impact Payments"

that will launch a document (which I would post if i knew how) that says on the top of page 2:

Individuals can provide their direct deposit information by using one of the two IRS portals: (1) Get My Payment (for tax filers who did not provide direct deposit information on their 2018 or 2019 return) and (2) Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info (for individuals who are not required to file tax returns). Individuals who enter their direct deposit information into the portals by Thursday of a week reportedly will be paid the following week. Also, taxpayers expecting a tax refund for 2019 can provide their direct deposit information to the IRS by filing a 2019 federal income tax return if they have not already done so in lieu of using the Get My Payment portal. 

It's Friday the 24th. I entered my direct deposit bank information last  Wed, April 15th and so today, if the House ways and means committee is being truthful, I should see a deposit into my checking account. News flash: no deposit has yet been made. And the message I received from the get my payment website is the same... once we have a payment date we will update this page.

I did read the House ways and means document concerning the expected timeline. Clearly, they have no idea what the bleep they are talking about.

I do appreciate that the IRS is woefully understaffed and underfunded (ProPublica: How the IRS Was Gutted, Dec 2018) and frankly I am amazed they threw together the Get My Payment website in such a short time. However, they need to get their act together.

People are telling me they do deposits around 2pm. 

Thanks Lowery. Is that Eastern time?

It's Friday and I am still getting this message,

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies