Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Andrea31

Stimulus Check seemingly fell into a Black Hole.

I filed my taxes through Turbo Tax. They have my direct deposit info but I did it again a couple of weeks ago right after everyone I know received theirs.  I thought maybe it would be with my Social Security deposit but it wasn't.  It is now April 24 and still nothing in the mail and still getting the same message:  Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

The link that was provided gave no answers whatsoever as to when I could expect.   Very frustrating when I know many other have received theirs.

Andrea31

I remember when we received stimulus checks through the Obama administration.  I don't remember anyone having the problems we're having now.  I got mine very quickly back then

I’m in the exact same boat and can’t get any answers. I filed with turbo tax, owed, and submitted my info on the 15th of April. My get my payment status hasn’t changed since. It’s frustrating. I just want to know when to expect it

I know it’s been a little while, but this isn’t the first time we’ve ever sent out a stimulus. Why all the issues now?

Totally understand. I don't mind waiting, but IRS should be more forthcoming with answers. I owed too this year and assume that’s  why I wasn't part of the crowd that received there’s a couple weeks ago. Just stinks that people will get a mailed check before those that entered DD info. 

I agree completely. It’s aggravating. I know it’s been ten days but if feels like a lot longer when you’re checking the irs page everyday lol

If you want to know why the IRS is in the state it is today, read this article from Dec 2018 in ProPublica,org: How the IRS Was Gutted. https://www.propublica.org/article/how-the-irs-was-gutted

Yes Eastern time, but I still did not receive my payment. Did anyone else that corrected their info on the 15th receive a payment?

Nor did I.

Here is a statement from a WSJ article dated April 24th. It may help you with the timeline:

"In the second big wave of stimulus payments, the IRS will send money over the next few days to people who recently provided their direct-deposit information.

These payments will likely go to two groups: One set is tax filers who successfully used the Internal Revenue Service website's "Get My Payment" tool to add bank information by midday on April 22, according to the IRS. The other set is people who don't file tax returns but who receive Social Security or Social Security disability benefits, according to the Treasury Department.

The payments could follow the pattern that occurred when the government sent the first round of direct deposits two weeks ago. Then, the Treasury notified banks of the coming payments on a Friday. Some people saw the money in their accounts within hours. Nearly all the payments had arrived by the following Wednesday. This time around, that would mean payments arriving by April 29."

I'm in the same boat as well, very frustrating

Edit: After an update to the website tonight, a payment date has finally been given of April 30th

I finally received a date today it says April, 30th

Me too finally lol

Me too. I will update again on Thursday 

Just following up, I did receive my correct stimulus payment this morning in my specified account. 

Same here. Payment was correct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies