Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cyberdragon1970
Returning Member

Status still Pending

I was told  24/48 hrs 

Status still Pending

@Cyberdragon1970 wrote:

I was told  24/48 hrs 

It will be pending until the IRS starts accepting tax return later in January.

See this for Pending - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/pending-mean/L6PeeDJeH_US_en_...

Status still Pending

@Cyberdragon1970 LOL  Who told you that?   You have to wait for the IRS.   The IRS has not started taking e-files yet.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Aliyaha

Status still Pending

My status is still pending for two weeks for my state what’s going on I try calling customer support and can’t even get transferred to a real person definitely filing myself next year.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Status still Pending

It depends on your individual state, when they start processing the tax returns. Even if you filed your federal and state returns at the same time, your state may not start processing it at the same time as the IRS.

It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after a federal return has been accepted. This is especially common when e-filing first opens in early February.

For more information, please see the TurboTax FAQ below, and visit your state's website for more information:

@Aliyaha

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Status still Pending

My return was rejected twice by the IRS for the CA MCTR issue.  I followed the updated instructions and re-transmitted my returns on 1/30/23, but it still shows 'pending' as of 2/6/23.  I was told 48hrs from transmittal but it's been way past that and the return is still pending with no updates from IRS or TT.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Status still Pending

Returns can remain in a pending status if they require further review and until that is complete. Hopefully it will update for you soon @celloville.

Status still Pending

When your return is sent to the IRS they can tell what form/situations are in the return.  Since yours has  the CA MCTR issue the IRS may be trying to decide what they are going to do with it since a decision as to if it is taxable or not has not been decided.  They may reject the return and have you make the correction or accept it themselves and make the correction for you.  It is possible their system is not yet updated to handle this new developement... time will tell. 

conniep05

Status still Pending

I have received an email stating that my return was not accepted due to wrong Protection Personal Identification Number.  However Turbotax still says Pending and does not give me the option to Fix the problem.

Status still Pending

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

tyljwt

Status still Pending

It's been well over 48 hours that my state tax is "pending".

Status still Pending

@ tyljwt wrote:

It's been well over 48 hours that my state tax is "pending".

I assume you are referring to the state efile status.   Has your efiled Federal return been accepted?   If so, how long has that been since that was accepted?   

TurboTax says "It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after a federal return has been accepted. This is especially common when e-filing first opens in early February."

Are you sure your state has begun processing efiled returns?   What state is it?  

tyljwt

Status still Pending

My state (Colorado) must be accepting filing, a family member using Turbo Tax had her filng accepted.  She filed after I did.  I realize Colorado normally takes longer to start than other states, but am not sure why others have been processed and not mine.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Status still Pending

So we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@tyljwt 

Status still Pending

Filed almost 2 weeks ago, status is still pending with no word from turbo tax as to why. It would be nice to receive some type of reason or reassurance that my return will be sent to the IRS. I have been doing my own taxes using TurboTax for more that 10 years and would hate to have to switch back to having it done professionally.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies