Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State E-File Refund

I recently paid to e-file my state return along with my federal.  Unfortunately, the federal return keeps getting rejected due to an incorrect AGI - no matter what I do.  It is being suggested by TurboTax that I print and mail in my returns to get around this e-file rejection.  Since I cannot mail federal and e-file state, and since I have already paid the $25 plus tax fee to e-file my state, what can I do to get the fee refunded to me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

State E-File Refund

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on how to find your AGI from last year. 

Locate your AGI

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide information on what to put for your AGI if you didn't file last year or don't have the correct AGI.

Incorrect or no AGI

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State E-File Refund

I have followed each and every step, even going so far as to request a transcript from the IRS of 2019 tax forms to make sure I was entering the right AGI.  All of my numbers and identifiers are correct and my forms are still being rejected.  If it wasn't for the fact that I already paid the $25 fee to e-file my state, I would just print everything and mail it in.  Is there a way to get the $25 fee refunded since I am unable to e-file?  Is this a TurboTax glitch?  I am at a complete loss and it's very frustrating.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

State E-File Refund

You can try to put your AGI as 0 if you have tried everything else. 

We are unable to process any refunds here within this public forum. To request a refund, please click here to contact customer support. 

State E-File Refund

Seriously...why will no one answer this question. I have the same question about GETTING A REFUND, in my case for a different error. I just want to file my returns by mail and get a refund for the electronic filing fees. This shouldn't be complicated.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

State E-File Refund

You will need to contact customer support directly for assistance.

TurboTax Customer Service

tdw4411

State E-File Refund

Per TurboTax, they told me to use 0 for my AGI. I had to mail my tax return since the federal side stated my AGI was incorrect. How do I get a 25 dollars refund that I had already paid for???

State E-File Refund

I tried to file my niece's return and it was rejected.  she filed with another tax company and we had paid the 25.$ to file and then didn't need to as it was rejected.  I would like a refund please.  I t was for Blair Boudreaux on 3/14/22.  I use turbo tax every year and have never had a problem.  

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Judy Nicely

State E-File Refund

@jcnice2u

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies