turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a cp2000 notice. I agreed with them, but here is a technicality. On the response form it says: send it to us in the enclosed envelope....

I received a cp2000 notice. I agreed with them, but here is a technicality. On the response form it says: send it to us in the enclosed envelope.... Use the provided voucher to ensure proper application of your payment.  But the address on the voucher is Fresno, CA 93888 and on the form 310 Lowell St, Andover, MA 01810. If I send them together, which address should I chose? I hate to send the response form and the voucher to two different places.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I received a cp2000 notice. I agreed with them, but here is a technicality. On the response form it says: send it to us in the enclosed envelope....

Call the phone number on the CP2000 notice and ask.

Thank you, Carl. The problem is, there is no phone number on the notice other than to request to postpone the response.

Use that one.

I called that wrong number and 30 min later I got my answer: use two different envelopes for the payment and the response form. Case closed. Thank you, all.

Hi vrflash - did this strategy work for you? I am having the same confusion and the automated service says to return payment with the response form to the address on the response form. Thanks!

After finding this thread, and also calling the IRS, I was told differently. I was told to send everything (payment, response, and voucher) to the address on the CP2000 response and that they would then forward the payment (and voucher) to the other address.

Solved in comments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies