turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

christymain772
Returning Member

First accepted then changed to view tax topic 152 now changed to PATH act check back late Feb so if we're going to be denied it would of done it by now

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

First accepted then changed to view tax topic 152 now changed to PATH act check back late Feb so if we're going to be denied it would of done it by now

I'm in the same boat.  HOWEVER......what I find completely ABSURD is my friend filed 2 days before I did.....THEY DID GET EIC ALSO and they ALREADY HAVE THEIR MONEY!!!! so its a total lie that the IRS cannot issue refunds with EIC on it before late February!!!  I did her taxes on 1/29.....she had money in hand on 2/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

66 Replies

I'm in the same boat.  HOWEVER......what I find completely ABSURD is my friend filed 2 days before I did.....THEY DID GET EIC ALSO and they ALREADY HAVE THEIR MONEY!!!! so its a total lie that the IRS cannot issue refunds with EIC on it before late February!!!  I did her taxes on 1/29.....she had money in hand on 2/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christymain772
Returning Member

My sis in law  has 1 lid and got hers. I have filed  same way for last  18yrs same dependant same  social always got approved i hope for approval time not that important
hayley3

I've had the same dependent for 21 years too...It's ridiculous that they changed the refund release from Feb 15th to Feb 27th.  I have a $500 electric bill to pay and I was counting on that.
christymain772
Returning Member

I just want to know I have been approved  the wait I can deal with I went from accepted  to topic 15 to PATH act and I know my refund  status mid Feb

They didn’t change it from Feb. 15 to Feb. 27. They said don’t expect it to hit your bank until around Feb. 27. They start pushing out refunds Feb and officially accepting them. Depending when you file. I always file the end of January and get mine right around the 20th
hayley3

Last year was Feb 15th..this year is Feb 27th.  How is that not a change?  They batch process all those returns when they accept them and the software then batch releases them to deposit on the 27th or the day before.  My return was accepted Jan 30th by the way.
christymain772
Returning Member

So this wait means approval  I just have to wait

-__-

Lord. Haley. When you get yours before 2/27. Maybe then, you’ll actually listen.

They said don’t expect it to hit your account NOT that it will hit your account on Feb. 27. I was approved 1/30 and I’m getting mine next week.

Last year I was approved and given the money less than a week later. ITS POSSIBLE. AGAIN, they did NOT say they are not releasing funds until 2/27

Funds start releasing to people in batches to banks. 2/16-2/17
christymain772
Returning Member

Ok  I am not concerned as when as much as if I HAVE NOT  been DENIED  by now that means approval  but just wait till mid to end Feb
hayley3

That's not what the IRS web site says...bsch.  If you read the 2017 vs the 2018 notice made by the IRS.  But please post when you get yours and I will do the same.  I'm just going by what I copied from the IRS web site:

2017-To comply with the law, the IRS will hold the refunds on EITC and ACTC-related returns until Feb. 15th.
2018-The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2018.

Different wording but means the same thing, they are holding the refunds til Feb 15th in 2017 and holding the refunds til Feb 27th, 2018.

I don't remember exactly when I got my refund last year.
babyboom6

Filed early january. Stuck on path message topic 152 about two weeks. Changed this morning to we are processimg ypur return. No ddd just yet. Think most will get refunds 23-27.
Chantel

Same here path message now processing
Chantel

Last year I got mine the 27 of February so they are holding to thier word
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies