Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

itsjjacky

So does the blue bar being full on turbotax mean anything of significance? Irs website says my return is still processing but TurboTax bar is completely full. It initially was half way . I filed Janua

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

47 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

So does the blue bar being full on turbotax mean anything of significance? Irs website says my return is still processing but TurboTax bar is completely full. It initially was half way . I filed Janua

When the blue line/ bar is complete, it means that the IRS has accepted your return and that you have an estimated refund date (if you are expecting a tax refund). Please note that the IRS issues most refunds within 21 days of your return being accepted.

TurboTax tracks whether your federal tax return as been accepted or rejected, and gives an estimate on when you can expect to receive your tax refund.  Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for information on tracking your federal refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

To determine the exact status of your state tax refund, you will need to track your refund by clicking your state below for tax refund lookup instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kenlovejesus
Returning Member

My blue bar line is full up but tax return is still processed and when accepted my return samething the samething a refund date will be provided a date it will be available did IRS get my tax return cause I got bills to pay my light bill about to get cut off and my water 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can verify if you e-filed here E-file status lookup. Please refer to KatrinaLO's post above for details on refund timing.

Yes it is true, when the blue bar is full you have an estimated date.  On turbo my line is completely blue. I googled and googled trying to see why WMR wasn’t updating, everyone taxes dropping and I been did my taxes. But I’m here to put all minds  to rest.... my status kept saying still processing... a date will be provided when available.....I finally got in touched with the irs put on hold... luckily the lady was nice and gave me my refund date... check this morning the system finally updated and I’m getting my money  Wednesday....Hope this put other minds to rest!!

Thank you I pray it's true yesterday morning it went from half full to complete

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are trying to track your refund you will need to check with the IRS. Turbo Tax will not have your refund status. 

If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

Wmr is not updating for everyone this year it's says it on irs website so to check or rely on others experience for answers is one way as well!

How did you get in contact with the IRS. I've been trying since last monday

@taybublitz93 wrote:

How did you get in contact with the IRS. I've been trying since last monday

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

What was you estimated date that they gave you originally? Mines was for the 5th but im still waiting for the deposit.

It's says that turbotax has a estimated date which I don't see! But from day 1 til Saturday my bar was halfway Saturday morning it went to full which wasn't my 21days..so at this point I really don't know because this is my first time using turbotax.. I'm trying to get some type of clue on what's going on because I can't talk to no one from irs! Just searching for someone who previously used turbotax to see if it's true that when the line is complete that means you have a date but I can't find a settling answer for it because the experts says a couple of different things and the reviews don't mention

It

Mines went to complete Saturday morning so should I be expecting this week sometime?

When did file? and when were they accepted? Mine were filed at the end of Jan and 
accepted Feb 12th, and still showing processing with the IRS.

Keep the faith it’s coming

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies