turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CB4

Can I leave Turbo Tax when it shows return in progress and go somewhere else. I have no income just social security so Turbo Tax can't e-file and I can't print it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I leave Turbo Tax when it shows return in progress and go somewhere else. I have no income just social security so Turbo Tax can't e-file and I can't print it.

First, to answer your question, you can leave Turbotax if you want to.

But..It is actually possible to efile you return even though you have only Social Security income. You have to enter $1 of other income and label it "to permit efiling".  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Since you aren't required to file and there is no benefit to doing so, why do you want to?
CB4

I have in the past and I have to file state with Ohio.

First, to answer your question, you can leave Turbotax if you want to.

But..It is actually possible to efile you return even though you have only Social Security income. You have to enter $1 of other income and label it "to permit efiling".  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies