Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maeyutzy

Simply looking to convert a tax2015 file to pdf, i had done it for all other years, I missed saving 2015 return to pdf, and i cant find the 2015 SW disk. i have 2016 sw.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Simply looking to convert a tax2015 file to pdf, i had done it for all other years, I missed saving 2015 return to pdf, and i cant find the 2015 SW disk. i have 2016 sw.

The only way to open a .tax2015 file is with the 2015 TurboTax software. If you purchased the 2015 CD directly from TurboTax.com, there should be a download of the 2015 software in the account that you used to make the purchase. If you can't find the download, or you purchased the CD elsewhere, call TurboTax support and see if they will give you a download to replace the lost CD. To call support, go to the following link during the hours that support is open. The current hours, after the April filing deadline, are Mon - Fri, 5:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific time.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

If your .tax2015 file includes a state return, you will have to install the state before you can open the file.

If you are unable to get a free download, you could buy a copy of 2015 TurboTax online for less than TurboTax would charge for it. Just make sure you get it from a reputable seller. To just open the return and save it as a PDF you don't need Premier, even if you originally created it with Premier. You could use Deluxe if you need the state, or Basic if you don't need the state. But Deluxe or Basic won't have the full Premier interview.

Another possibility is to try the TaxPrinter service at http://www.taxprinter.com/?soft=TurboTax . You send them your .tax2015 file and they send you back a PDF of the return. But this will likely cost more than buying an inexpensive copy of the software. TaxPrinter has no connection with TurboTax, and this is not a recommendation, I'm just making you aware of it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies