turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

investor952
Returning Member

should i get an email response from the IRS and/or my state govt after I efile saying all is ok?

What, if anything, should I do if I do not get an email response from the IRS and/or my state govt regarding them accepting my efile? I did get a response from Turbotax that they each received my e file (I got this a few hours after I filed it)..but what if don't get the emails they tell me to look for that I should get from the IRS and/or my state govt? I didn't get any last year or before that I can find. Please note, that regarding my e file this year, I expect no refund, nor do I need to pay any taxes. My tax return is essentially 0 returns or amount owed. Should I still get an email from the IRS and my state govt saying that all is ok?..or should I expect no email response?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

should i get an email response from the IRS and/or my state govt after I efile saying all is ok?

The IRS and States do not acknowledge receiving a tax return.  

investor952
Returning Member

Then in the text message that Turbotax send me a text message that says "Great news! Your federal return was accepted by the IRS. Check your email for a confirmation message". I got the same text for my govt  tax return.

I have received NO email messages regarding this. Why? Thanks.

investor952
Returning Member

Then why did Turbo-tax send me a text message that says "Great news! Your federal return was accepted by the IRS. Check your email for a confirmation message". I got the same text for my govt  tax return.

"please note that i am re-sending this question because of error in my last sending"

@investor952 wrote:

Then why did Turbo-tax send me a text message that says "Great news! Your federal return was accepted by the IRS. Check your email for a confirmation message". I got the same text for my govt  tax return.

"please note that i am re-sending this question because of error in my last sending"

TurboTax receives an electronic response from the IRS and the State when the tax returns have been accepted.  TurboTax then sends you a confirmation email that the returns were received by the IRS and State.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund. 

If you do not have the email from TurboTax check your spam or junk mail folders on your email account.

Or you may not have the correct email address for your TurboTax account.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for updating the TurboTax account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...

investor952
Returning Member

I just checked my Turbo-tax account. It looks like they DO have my correct email address...and of course, I always check my junk folder...and didn't see it there either.

investor952
Returning Member

Like I said, I still have received NO emails . I just received the 2 text messages on my phone from turbotax saying that the IRS and California govt received my tax stuff..but I did not get the emails that their text messages told me to look for..not in regular mail, nor in spam . Nothing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies