Mr Jon

Self employed tax deferral

In preparing my 2020 tax return on Turbo Tax, I elected to defer Self Employment taxes due to the end of 2021 and 2022.  However, when I completed my taxes, there was no voucher for making those deferred payments nor any instructions on how to mail those payments in at year end.  Please advise

CatinaT1

Self employed tax deferral

This will carry over to your return next year and in 2022.  You will not receive separate vouchers for this.  It will all be part of future returns.

Mr Jon

Self employed tax deferral

Thanks so much for your reply.  Do you mind clarifying:  Does that mean I will not need to write a check prior to December 31 2021 for half the amount being deferred, simply roll it into my tax return for 2021 that I'll prepare in early 2022?    And, the same procedure for 2022, including in a return for that year that I'll prepare in early 2023?  And, my understanding is that this is interest free-correct?  Again, your help is very much appreciated.