Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Returns transmitted but e-file status shows I did not e-file yet

Your proof of paying your AZ tax due will be your own credit or bank record when they take out the payment.  Did you pay online or send the state a check or money order?   TurboTax never knows how, when or even if your tax due has been paid.

Since you used desktop, have you updated your software?   Are you looking for the e-file status within the desktop software in the FILE section?  

We have seen some users who used desktop who are not seeing their e-file status within their software, even though they e-filed.   Did you get the emails after you e-filed?

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

There seems to be a glitch in the downloaded program in regards to the filing status situation which will be corrected in a future update.  If both returns where efiled then ignore the incorrect  filing warning. 

TurboTax gets no information after you file your tax return.   They send you an email to let you know if the return was accepted, and then they are done.   The IRS never sends a notice to say they received your tax return.

Sounds like all you need to worry about is the five dollars owed to AZ and you need to check your bank/credit records to see if they got the $5.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Well, it's now April of 2023 and the "glitch" in the download TT has STILL not been corrected.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Which version of the program are you using? You are commenting on an older thread so we need more details. @Workpuddle 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What if the cx mailed in their return but the e-file status is still incomplete?

@No_Limit66 wrote:

What if the cx mailed in their return but the e-file status is still incomplete?

TurboTax has no way to know when or even if a tax return was mailed so the status on Tax Home web page will remain as stated.

@No_Limit66 If you mailed your return to the IRS and state, TurboTax has no way to know that you put your return in an envelope and took it to a mailbox.  Your e-file status will always show as incomplete.  TT only shows if an e-file was accepted or rejected; beyond that,  TT gets no information about the return you filed.

I am having this same trouble.  Return status does not acknowledge that I submitted my return.  It asks me if I am sure a want to close the return if I haven’t submit.  When I try to submit it says there are duplicate submissions.  I was going to try and deduct my cost of State electronic filing from refund when I saw how long the delay was I changed it to used a credit card.  It wasn’t clear whether it would deduct from federal or state refund and there was a state processing fee for deducting the cost from the refund.  The fee was larger than the electron filing cost. 

@ ColumbusCrew   Where did it say there would be a delay?  Should only be a day or two to go through the 3rd party bank to take the fee out.   Fees can only be deducted from a federal refund and there is an Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California).  

For the Desktop program you have to check the filing status inside the program.  You may have to update the program first.  Go up to menu item Online-Check for Updates.  

Open your return and go up to the top black menu bar first item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Then save your return and close it.  Close the program and reopen it.  

@ ColumbusCrew    Oh that is a different problem.   You haven't filed your return yet?  The IRS has already got a return with one of your ssn numbers on it.  Either you did already file or someone else used a Social Security number that's on your return probably by accident.  Double check all the ssn on your return.   Do you have a dependent who filed their own return?  If you can't fix a ssn on your return you will have to print and mail your return.  And then you won't have to pay the $25 to efile state.  If your credit card payment went through you can ask for a refund.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies