turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sbjdlj52

Wrong Email

When I submitted my return with efile it had the wrong email address.  I will not be able to check the status of my return.  Is there a way to update the email address after the tax return has been submitted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Wrong Email

To update your TurboTax (non-Advantage) account email, phone number, mailing address, or password:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and select Intuit Account on the left, just above Sign Out (you may need to scroll down; select the 3 white lines or Tax Home if you still don't see this).
  2. Select Sign in & Security to update information like your user ID, password, phone number, or email. Or select Personal Info to update information like your name, address, or job.

Please click How do I update my TurboTax account information? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Wrong Email

My account email is fine but on one of the returns I filed I put the wrong email for filing notification

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Wrong Email

If the return has been filed and accepted, you cannot change what you entered as the email.

Don't worry - TurboTax uses your account email to send notifications and the IRS uses your mailing address to send notifications.

@TreeTopper

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies