turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kfollett68
Returning Member

With the Covid Relief Pkg...I assume I will need to amend return so how do I do that so the amount I send in is correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

With the Covid Relief Pkg...I assume I will need to amend return so how do I do that so the amount I send in is correct?

FIRST  the bill has to be signed into law (which has not happened yet )  and the IRS has made the form corrections AND the tax programs have also made the adjustments.  This can take weeks or months to happen  if or when the current bill gets passed and signed info law.

WHEN this happens there will be instructions on how to handle the situation ... return later for that information.  

That package has not yet been fully passed or signed into law, and not all its provisions may be retroactive to 2020.  Once (if) it does, it will take some time for the IRS to develop and communicate implementation procedures; and then for TT to program, test and get them approved by the IRS.  So stay tuned.

IF you have NOT YET filed and you will be affected by these possible changes you really should WAIT to file the return  so you don't need to amend the return later.  Amended returns take months to process so filing once correctly it best. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies