Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

I updated my bank info Wednesday on the get my payment site with my turbo tax card info. It said it will be directed deposited with no date on Friday morning. Since then it kept saying please try again later until this morning. Now it says I will be mailed a check on April 24th. Can anyone let us know if theirs does get deposited on their turbo tax card?? I’m hoping mine will and I won’t have to wait weeks for a paper check!! 😩

I have been researching and on this thread for days. I have came up with the conclusion that all everyone who used the TT debit card and paid their fees from their refund or got the advance will be getting a paper check. 

Even the ones who have entered their banking info on the IRS tool. The day after you enter your information it will update to say your check will be mailed. 

I am currently still locked out after 36 hours. On Wednesday mine said it deposited on my TT card, then Friday updated to cannot find my account, to now being locked out. 

Finally yesterday after everyone wondering and asking questions the TT moderator came on and posted the following: 

BB59C9DC-FBA0-4DF8-A60F-27360BB9DCE4.png

Mines still says it will be deposited into my bank acct. I wonder why would they ask for banking info if they are still going to send a check. 

@askew1982  same for me. Irs website said it was deposited April 15 but still nothing. I finally got thru to a rep for turbotax and she told me there is noway for them to see if anything is pending that i would have to reach someone at greendot ( which i already tried and they sent me right back to turbotax thru the automated options). She gave me greendots number anyway and said that if it was not on my card by monday i should most definitely contact greendot..so i called the greendot number she gave me and guess what?? It sent me right back to turbotax AGAIN..its insane.

@Flayers13  same me too. Did the irs tool say it was deposited on the 15th to the greendot account associated with ur turbocard? 

Andtmy
Returning Member

Make sure you are entering in you AGI from line 8 on your tax form. I was doing line 7 and there was 100 difference.  Once I changed  it with my info it accepted and I had to take the commas out. See if this works.

Andtmy
Returning Member

It also said that if you were able to enter your account information successfully that your payment should be issued the following week.

Andtmy
Returning Member

Waysandmeans.house.gov gives a timeline 

your site has send me a round and round and round and round I'm hurting here! I need my money!  I've been a loyal customer of H&R Block for 20 years. my girlfriend and I were in quarantine and she suggested I use TurboTax because it was so easy and it was far from that. I will not use your site next time I do my taxes 

Heres an update on my progress.......as some know from reading further back on this thread last wednesday I was able to update my boyfriend's DD on the irs tool but not my own. I had been locked out since wednesday. Well today I was finally able to get back on it on his and low and behold it says a paper check will be mailed even tho I updated his DD info. Mine of course I wasnt able to update due to being locked out but was able to get on irs tool today and it said paper check being mailed april 24th. Well I got to reading around and in reality the paper checks should only take up to a week to get to us. Some may get it in a day or 2 some little longer depending on how far from treasury dept in PA everyone lives. 

So there ya have it...after days of researching and being on the phone that is the conclusion. I'm assuming most of us will get a paper check due to TT not getting on top of all this when they knew it was going to be a problem. Anyone in their right mind would have known. And FYI even today when I talked to a TT rep they still tried to tell me that it was going to be deposited onto my card even tho I know it's not because the irs tool says its coming as a check. He tried to tell me that the irs tool was wrong. As if I will ever believe anything that comes from TT again!!!

thats a lie i called Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC the bank that tt gose thur and they have a recording on there phone line that says they will reject every stimuls check becuse once ur fedaral tax return is depostited on to your card they automaticly close ur account so plz dont bull**bleep** with us on them lies i bet next year you guys wont have that many ppl doing there taxs thur you guys becuse all you do is lie to the public 

thats a lie i called Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC the bank that tt gose thur and they have a recording on there phone line that says they will reject every stimuls check becuse once ur fedaral tax return is depostited on to your card they automaticly close ur account so plz dont bull**bleep** with us on them lies i bet next year you guys wont have that many ppl doing there taxs thur you guys becuse all you do is lie to the public 

@Ninjaflam5  I see everyone saying that their negative balances were paid off on Tuesday, yet here I am on Sunday with a negative balance and no stimulus check. I received my full tax refund and did not get an advance. Why does it seem like I'm the only one who hasn't seen any indication of receiving  my stimulus check on my card? This is so frustrating! 

@Ashleycapplegate  I am in the exact situation as you. No notification as to if its going to be deposited, I paid turbo tax out of my refund, and its already Sunday night and I still haven't received the stimulus payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies