turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my stimulus check go on my turbo card if i filed with turbo tax for 2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

36 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

How did you request your refund? Direct deposit? Then that is how you will get the check. Check in the mail? Then that is how you will get your check. Fees withheld? If the IRS does not have you bank account number, you will get a check.

What I asked was if its going to my TURBOCARD?Bcuz if its not going to my TURBOCARD!! How do I make arrangements to have it sent to my bank account?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately we don't have a definitive answer.  We are still waiting for direct guidance from the IRS regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I found this info on turbo tax acct. 

It's said if the acct. was still valid it would be deposited on card.  

This is what is says on help option on turbo site. 

I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do. If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.  We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible. 

So they will be deposited on turbo card? As long as it's valid  That's what I got out of the answer. 

MayaD
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, you will receive the stimulus payment on the card.

The IRS is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

What about if we had fees taken out?

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

If you had your fees taken out of your Federal refund, it is unlikely the IRS will deposit the money in your account. They do not have your account number, they have the third party account number of the firm that made the split. That account is likely closed. 

You will need to wait for the Treasury to set up the web portal for you to enter the banking information. If you did not have a refund with Direct Deposit, the IRS does not have your banking information. 

"In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail."

@Jcomer340629

See more info here on the Treasury website.

Any word as to when the deposits will come if you didnt have fees taken

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Turbo Card and Stimulus Deposits - What you need to know

The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com for assistance by logging in to their account, or using the Self Help available.

David_225

Hello so I used the free version  but I got the refund advance I looked on my tax info and the routing and account number are the same as what is on my tax return so does that mean it will go on my card? 

DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

It will go to the account that is listed on your tax return.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies