Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Alexjt90
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

This is what I like to call the run around from turbo tax employees. This year has been hell with turbo tax. I wont be returning. And also if they cant answer or cant find out the answer instead of sending copy paste generic messages we could all just join the lawsuit already happening. Shady flippin company.

This would be correct.  Turbo Tax provides those direct deposit routing and account numbers on your behalf for your refunds.  There is no reason in the world that it wouldn't go to those bank card accounts.  The correct routing and account info is given to the feds from TT.

I'd keep watch on your cards for the next day or two.

Feds send out direct deposit instructions to banks around 5-6 times per day and I have seen them hit late in the day and sometimes early Saturday mornings.  

Sourcs:
2 years working for Varo Money Customer Service Supervisor

They will be.

I would agree.  It's funny how they give us cookie cutter answers.  I get the policy though.  They could risk giving their jobs up by providing false info.  You know, they could be a little more personable.  Friendly.  Instead of each one copying and pasting the same stuff over and over.

I'd really love to come provide you a noticeably better customer service agent experience, TurboTax.  You should hire me for chat and web supervisor.  I have years of experience and even if I have to provide people with the same information over and over again I will at least type it out individually.  People deserve individual responses.

A, "We are looking into if the refund will go on to those cards.  We in customer service have not received word yet on it.  Would you like to be notified personally when I have an answer for you?", would go a long way.

This is what I found at

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG. 

Does anyone have a definitive answer? Sometimes TT says yes, other times no. If you check the STBG site they say no. However,  the card and routing number are associated with Green Dot. The advance is through STGB and is paid back through the refund.  Do they get the refund first, take their fees and than send them to the card? The are a subsidiary of Green Dot.  Your TT card has a routing number and account number. The state uses it to send you your refund so therefore it is not temporary.  You can also continue using it for DD and payroll. That would indicate it is a legit routing number and deposit number.  The IRS guidelines on ANY tax return being issued to a prepaid card are that it can be done. They recommend some over others for security reasons.  This really shouldn't be so hard. It's either yes or no. I'm leaning toward no based on the way TT is giving several different answers. They don't want people to be pissed off. I also find it odd that there is no other info out there on irs.gov that addresses this one way or the other.

Why do you guys answer with the same generic message.  Every time someone ask a question. word for word you guys say the same things.    We are freaking running out of tim .   The direct deposit are going out any day no .   So have you heard anything regarding the prepaid card.   All the website says.   No need to do anything if we filed our taxes already. and funds will be direct deposit that way.   If you have file taxes yet we will go off 201 . Etc..   I cant see how a million if not billion dollar company that works directly with the irs to handle certain tax things cant give us a answer about the turn o tax card and direct deposit 

I think turbotax is waiting to see for themselves if the money is deposited. In all honesty, Turbotax should have protocols in place to address this issue. In 2008 it took months for the mailed stimulus checks to reach people, that was 12 years ago. If you don't get your economic impact check deposited on a Turbo card it IS turbotax's fault.

I had my tax refund deposited into my turbo tax debit card this year so I can get the advance refund loan. And I'm also one of those first wave that should receive the stimulus payment yesterday (04/09/2020) but haven't seen nothing deposited into the account yet. I'll keep you guys posted once it do. Then, We will know the answer to that. ☺️

Warrengk

Too many yes no answers for the check to be put on our turbo tax card. I’m tired of reading the same ol copy and paste from tax experts here. Get it together and put the stimulus checks on our turbo debit cards, TurboTax is the one who gave us the option for a debit card, so you’re telling me those who did direct deposit are the lucky ones in this case. Total bs and I hope you guys get it together soon. 

Awful bossy for someone getting a free handout. I'd laugh if they froze your account with the way you're acting. Clearly you dont need it that bad, you can afford to call and waste the turbotax people's time all day long with your whining. They told you what they told you, now wait quietly for your free check like an adult. We get it, you wanna hoard more toilet paper. Doesnt mean forget how to read and act like donkeys behind online. 

Patiorts1

Do i get my stimulus payment from you guys on a card

Okay it is the 10th of April and the stimulus payments have been started to be sent out as of yesterday will we be receiving the payments via TurboTax debit card that you have provided for and alternate direct deposit it is an account am I wrong? It has a routing number / account number what’s your problem we need the money ASAP I don’t know if you are aware most of the population is in not only a pandemic but also a financial crisis that is demolishing families and people in general what’s the answer and I don’t need no copy and paste  answer I want a sincere message / reply to this because this is getting ridiculous and you guys are about to become redundant to the population of America 

How do you know your part of the first wave?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies