turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

led25v

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

891 Replies
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments for taxpayers with these accounts

We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

[Edited April 9, 2020 11:25 AM PDT]

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Please safeguard your information.  Do not click on links in any e-mail sent to you asking for your bank information.  Go directly to IRS or US Treasury websites to provide this information.

Please safeguard your information.  Do not click on links in any e-mail sent to you asking for your bank information.  Go directly to IRS or US Treasury websites to provide this information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When we filed our 2018 taxes we had our return sent to our bank account.  This year when we filed our 2019 taxes we got the turbo tax “debit card” that has a bank account and routing number.  Do you know if we will still have to update our account info or will it possibly be deposited in either account?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. 

IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

EDITED 04/08/2020

From <See Original Text>

One Turbo Tax employee says no and one says yes. Which is it???

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Let me break the tie. Right now, the only two options to receive your refund is either:

• A paper check
  • A direct deposit

So is it possible I get my simulss check on my turbo card that's what I got this year

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

Per the IRS:

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

So John says yes and Susan says no which one is it 

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Per the IRS:

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Follow the links for more information:

IRS Economic Impact Payments

well that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. When I go on there to try to enter my direct deposit information since they are saying that Green Dot turbo card filers will receive a check, it doesn't even give me the option. Why can't we have an option to enter our regular bank account information?

So people who either haven't filed at all or Never file can easily go to the TurboTax tool and put their direct deposit information in but when I try to because I have the turbo card and I've been using TurboTax for years it will not even give me the option. It takes me straight to my 2019 taxes page. Can you guys please open up that tool for us?

I was just told 2 days ago by an agent on the phone that we would be receiving the stimulus on the turo debit card. Why are your agents giving out false information? Or are you mistaken? Also can you explain why the stimulus will not go to the turbo debit card? It has a routing and account number, so why?

Also other employees on this site have stated that we would be able to receive the stimulus on our turbo debit cards? Can you guys get it together and put out a definitive statement on this. No waffling, no ifs ands or buts just the correct info. And if we can not it should be on your company to find a way to let us change that info pronto not whenever the treasury dept. gets around to it. People need that money and if by using your service it prevents them from receiving it until much later that is unacceptable. I have used your service for years but if this is true that I can not receive my stimulus on my turbo debit card I will never use this service again. 

So they for sure will not be depositing stimulus check to turbo tax debit cards????

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

The tool you are referring to is actually allowing people to file a tax return with zero income, and no refund or tax due.  Since you have already filed a tax return, you can't file another one.  The IRS will reject it.  

As for people who filed and received their refund on the Turbo Card, we are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies