turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

My California state taxes Finally got accepted  At 8:22pm lol.   This has been a crazy experience I hope I never have to go through this again. Good luck to you all.

MC65
Level 3

My CA state return finally got accepted, after it got rejected 2x (TT software error)! 

California Return

Received by TurboTax:
Thursday, Feb 18, 7:56 PM EST
Received by California:
Thursday, Feb 18, 8:11 PM EST
Filing status changed to: Accepted
Thursday, Feb 18, 11:47 PM EST

Good luck everyone!
HB88
Level 5

glad it is working out for everyone, i told you to be patient they are working it. I'm updating as i type to re-file myself.

Again it is a shame it took emails to the CEO and VP to get this resolved.

Ditto. Still sitting there pending for CA. Usually happens same as Fed but shows still pending. Argh. 

I filed Federal and 2 states (DC and VA) tax returns on 16Feb and Federal and VA state returns got accepted a few hrs later but DC return still pending until now (more than 48 hrs). Does anybody have any help?

Same issue here.. Fed tax got accepted on Feb 16th.. CA-State pending still ..after more than 2 days.. I thought acceptance was by some program (automated)..usually my CA returns are fast , Anyway thank for posting and now i know its not just only me..getting worried but other folks too..It appears to be delayed.

maybe your friend owed money to the State...or CA state out of money.:)

Well I hope my saga is finally over.  After waiting two weeks in a perpetual pending status, I finally got my rejection notice, refiled (with absolutely no changes) and it was finally accepted by the State of California three hours after they received it (or four hours after I filed with TurboTax).

This should have never been allowed to happen.  We should not have been allowed to submit in the first place knowing there were errors.  And, even worse, they should not have waited so long to inform us there were errors.  They should have informed us IMMEDIATELY when they got notice it was rejected.  Leaving people in this state of perpetual limbo--for a matter that to many is considered extremely important--was not a smart decision.  The harsh blowback could have been avoided had they simply been upfront from the very beginning and notified us as soon as possible.  Their decision to sit on their hands while we wondered what the heck was going on made me lose faith in this software and company.

Exactly what happened to me! Glad it worked out for you.

navymom21

I have been following this thread as I filed before 2/11 and my federal was accepted 2/12 and I finally got a rejection from CA yesterday on 2/18 via notification from TurboTax.  I had to log back in and read a statement from TurboTax about how they needed to apply some changes that hadn't been implemented when I filed and then scroll through a few screens where I didn't have to change anything and then refile.  Poof -- as of 2/18 my return to CA was accepted after it was rejected.  I believe the note in TurboTax said they didn't submit my return to CA due to the need to update the changes, so it was on TurboTax's end, not the state of CA, so not sure why they didn't just tell people that in the first place (I might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read as I quickly scrolled through to get to refiling).

Did your return was accepted? 

after re-filing mine was accepted within 3hrs!!  

I’m starting to wonder if TT is telling us what we want to hear. Or, it takes a while for FTB to acknowledge your return was received after acceptance. I got an acceptance notification from TT yesterday but FTB says their is no return on file. 

cxcolleen

I actually filed with HR block and came across this site looking for answers. My federal was accepted immediately, a week ago, and state is still pending. Well I guess we wait for answers... 

God Bless 

I'm writing back with an update. Sadly, I still can't file my California return. I thought it was progress when my return was rejected on February 18 (for "software" reasons) after being pending since February 4. But now it says that I can't re-file because one of the forms is not final - Form 568, the LLC form. However, the state lists the form as final.

Last year, TurboTax decided to fold this form into the e-file, although before that it had always been done separately on paper. It didn't work. The only way I was able to proceed was to delete all the California forms and start over, leaving out the 568 form. This year, I'm not allowed to do that deletion because TurboTax shows my CA return as already filed. It is not looking good for this year. I may try to file the state return online directly through the state somehow.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies