Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

Got accepted as well.  But as of this post, the CA Refund page says they have no record of my return.  Anyone know how long it takes for them to update this?

This is a very telling piece of data that someone filed with H&R Block and has the same issue as the TT community in that State of CA shows as pending.  Two things come to mind, rejection messages are not being transmitted properly back to H&R Block & TT from the FTB and also, it points to last minute changes by the FTB to the electronic forms that neither TT or H&R Block anticipated before letting users submit.   Now that H&R Block has same issue, not sure we can finger point at TT.  Would be interesting to get more information as to the exact issue between the Tax software providers and the FTB this year.

kennemca

This is not related to TurboTax.  I've used another system this year and my CA return has been pending for several days. The issue is that CA didn't start processing until Feb 12. I'm guessing they are catching up and  their algorithms my not be explicitly first come, first serve.  Not sure though. Hopefully they'll get caught up soon. 

cxcolleen

I called HR block yesterday to make sure it wasn’t only my return and the tax preparer said there many are in pending status. 

MC65
Level 3

@Jetfan Same here. I think it can take up to 48 hrs for it to show up. The same happened with my federal return after it was accepted.

I've been following this thread, because *both* my FED and CA returns have been Pending now for a week. It's good to see that folks have started to see movement now and that CA returns are being accepted. Still, my confidence in the process is shaken. 

As you know, it's an oddly uncomfortable situation to be Pending. The whole thing feels vaguely like the Twilight Zone (for younger folks, this was a TV show). 

Yes after it was rejected, refiled with no changes accepted in 2 hours!

After going through the resubmission and then acceptance, CA FTB website has no record of my tax return

As I posted yesterday, my CA state return was finally accepted.

I checked the FTB CA website and it still shows no return received. Has anyone else had this happen? 

same for me. A friend had a 24-hour turnaround last week for authorized payment from California

OK just as I typed that....5 minutes later my refund is showing on FTB CA website as processing lol.

Mine was accepted as well but still doesn’t show on the the FTB CA website. 

Finally I got good news from the FTB.

CA Refund Status.jpg

Life is good again.

palms781

I have been following this thread, and I have still not received a rejection email and my state return still says pending. Should I call TT or wait until the end of the day?

@palms781:

Calling CSR is time consuming, not sure if you get one really helpful.

Before doing that, have you opened your TT, instead of using the normal check-efile status (which may just show pending), go through  menu  File->Electronic filing->Show Electronic Filing History, which may give further clue where you stuck at? (or click the e-file generated email where there is a web status link) .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies