Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

6:37pm finally accepted after 6 days of pending limbo, and 2 rejections! 

After following the "rejection due to software error" email instructions from TurboTax, re-filed, CA State was accepted in 3 hours.  

babak362
Returning Member

Resubmitted at 3PM after receiving the rejection email and accepted at 7. Finally.

CA state FINALLY accepted at 6:56pm! 

YAY!!

@pajjarito 

Sorry for late reply, been out doing errands. I have the desktop version (Costco) and it is under  "File/Electronic filing/history"

Lesson learned for me personally...DO NOT EVER FILE TAXES EARLY, at least with Turbo Tax! I've always waited a week or so to file with turbo tax....10+ years never an issue. The first year I decided to file early and get this issue. Let Turbo Tax work out the bugs and make sure the software is up to date before filing taxes is what I learned. 

My state was rejected due to a software error, that is why I was able to re-file.

I'm glad there is progress and returns are getting accepted.  Mine was received but is still pending.  At least, I am more hopeful that I will see something soon.  Thanks for the updates.

Finally, my CA state refund got accepted!

MC65
Level 3

I was able to refile after I got the rejection email (itemized deduction software error), now my return is pending AGAIN since a few hours. Hopefully it will be accepted and then approved soon!

MS20000

I also emailed the CEO earlier today, and not only received an email from him but a follow up from the Office of the President, who promised a response within 48 hrs. Less than 2 hours later, TurboTax emailed me that the state return had been rejected due to a software error and I was directed to refile. 
I did that and CA just accepted my return. 
Fully resolved within 6.5 hours of my initial email to the CEO. 
But disappointing they aren’t being proactive and communicating broadly to their customers. 

Finally got accepted as well!!! I’m sure everyone else’s will be accepted soon, if it hasn’t yet. Thank you everyone!! 

After waiting 6 days Ca was rejected today for a system error re-filed at 5 just received email at 8:20 stating it was accepted 

I finally got my return accepted.  I hope everyone gets their return resolved by morning.   Turbotax has not restored my faith in them.  I will think before I go this route again.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies