turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

In past years the CA state return was accepted in minutes, it has now been two days.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GabiU
Level 15

I'm closing this thread. 
Many transmission hiccups have been resolved. 

If your return is still "pending" 48 hours after e-filing, please send me a private message. It's also been reported that the IRS tracking tool is seeing delays.
I'll try to get to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and kindness! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

377 Replies

They didn't start processing until 2/12/2021, only 3 days ago. I filed my California return on 1/14/2021, I got a notification yesterday, 2/14/2021, that it had been accepted. Took an entire month for mine to be accepted, but that's because California didn't start processing until AFTER the IRS started on 2/12/2021. Both my Federal and California have now been accepted.

Very helpful - thank you!

I need help.  My Federal return was accepted on 2-12-2021 but State of CA still pending.  That has never happened.  I can't reach anybody at Turbo Tax to see if its stuck so what do I do?  I paid over 200 for the use of their software ridiuculous

Mine still pending too. I agree that this is very unusual. 

Contacting someone at Intuit won't help I'm afraid.  I got a hold of someone and they are basically pointing the finger at the state of CA for the delay and actually suggested that I call the Secretary of State Dept (I'm not making that up).  You are correct, "acceptance" usually took at most a few hours in the past but this year is apparently different but Intuit can't begin to explain why that is apparently.

Please let me know what your outcome is. I am having the same issue with my state return stuck in pending status. My friend filed his via Turbotax just yesterday and both his fed/state was accepted immediately within the hour. I believe there might be some sort of early file error within Turbo Tax for the users who filed too early. My 8+ years of using turbotax and never once have I had this issue. The one time I accidently file too early (didn't know IRS wasn't accepting returns yet), I get this issue. =( 

I am in CA as well. I wonder if they even received my state return from Turbo tax...hmmm...

This would be a great explanation if not for the fact that I had a friend who filed his taxes yesterday with Turbo Tax and his fed/California state returns were accepted within the hour immediately. I believe this is some sort of TurboTax internal error for people who filed way too early like myself. 

Would be great if TurboTax could look into this as it just doesn't make sense as to why my friend's taxes were accepted in the same day, we both live in California. His state return should have been placed behind mine in line to be accepted? 

I'm in the exact same boat as you all.  I filed on Feb. 12th, Federal return got accepted immediately, State of CA is still showing pending.  VERY frustrating as not only was it accepted immediately other years, but the one year I am due a big refund it appears to stuck.   I wish Turbo Tax would look into this for all of us and provide some type of answer.

I think you’re right about the error.  My bro in law got his rejected by California 2 days ago.  He was then able to sign back into TurboTax and resend after TurboTax corrected the software error.  Once he resent, California accepted in a matter of hours.  

im still pending as well

Ours is still pending and we filed in January too. Definitely seems like a turbo tax issue and not the state. since others have been transmitted it doesn’t seem like the state is backlogged. Hard to say. Hope it gets worked out soon. Could use that refund. 

Jess-ica

I am experiencing the same. I put in my refund beginning of February, and my status shows pending for state, but Federal was accepted on the 12th. Friends who filed after me have had theirs accepted. 😕

I submitted my CA efile about 2 weeks ago and also still Pending, Why?

My CA State is Pending for a 2 week period, How do I resend/efile?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies