turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why would CA state return still show as pending after 2 days?

Same here! Filed on 02/15, federal return accepted in a few hours while CA state return is still pending! Not sure what's happenning!

GabiU
Level 15

We're aware of your concerns.
We haven't confirmed if there's an e-filing between CA and TurboTax. If I learn more, I'll update this thread. 

Thank you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
HB88
Level 5

@GabiU 

It would be prudent on your part to notify Support to stop telling people who call, their taxes are filled when clearly they are not.

Lack of transparency and candor is a big problem on Turbotax part

Thank you, @GabiU . Please keep us updated and let us know when our CA state filings are able to be submitted to state agency successfully.

@GabiU , This is definitely a TurboTax issue, nothing to do with the CA FTB. I have worked at both an accounting firm and for a software provider. TurboTax has not transmitted the tax returns and it’s most likely a glitch in the software but let’s not say it’s something with CA. Let’s take some responsibility and fix the issue ASAP. People want answers. 

hjcao
Returning Member

same situation. e-filed both on late 2/15. Got fed accepted in 10 min, but CA return still pending.

This certainly looks like an issue with TurboTax's transmission of CA tax returns. I filed Federal and 2 state taxes yesterday. Below is the current status of my returns:

Federal Return

Received by TurboTax:
Tuesday, Feb 16, 5:07 PM EST
Received by IRS:
Tuesday, Feb 16, 5:08 PM EST
Filing status changed to: Accepted
Tuesday, Feb 16, 5:32 PM EST

California Return

Received by TurboTax:
Received by California:
Pending
Filing status changed to: Pending

Colorado Return

Received by TurboTax:
Received by Colorado:
Tuesday, Feb 16, 5:33 PM EST
Filing status changed to: Accepted
Wednesday, Feb 17, 5:37 AM EST

Notice that both Federal and CO returns show "Received by" date/time while CA return just says "pending", that is, it looks like it was never received by CA.

Same issue in GA accepted on the 12th by Federal been pending for 5 days now with State.

bmcphail

I don't understand your comment.  What does "We haven't confirmed if there's an e-filing between CA and TurboTax" mean?  Many of us filed our taxes using Turbotax in the same way we have done for years, federal is showing accepted and CA is not even after 5+ days.  Since other people have reported succesfully getting both accepted, there is obviously a problem.  What is your plan for resolving this?  

Same issue as everyone else!  Filed on 02/13.  Fed accepted within few hours.  State still shows pending today.  Never had this happen in past 10yrs using TurboTax.  What the heck is going on?

Just checked the status of Refund and says no records of my State return!  To wait 2 weeks before contacting if e-filed.  Something is wrong.

Welcome to our CA state return is pending club....worst club of all time! lol

I hope by tomorrow I will have some more answers from the lady that I spoke with from the turbo tax president office this morning. 

Just a small data point. For those who are waiting for state return to move out of pending status but the federal return has been accepted. And you check where's my refund on the IRS webiste and shows only 1 bar still processing....you might actually have a refund coming this Friday.

I checked my bank account and my fed return is on my upcoming deposits list but the IRS website shows 1 bar (still processing). 

I think there is something wrong on the turbo tax side. I have been using them for years and convenience.  My taxes are not complicated and I could have filed directly with  the ftb.  Next year I will save my money.  I think Turbo Tax knows there is an issue on their end and is not being transparent. There is no reason why someone who filed after 2-12-21 has their california accepted and early filers are waiting.  I filed on 1-30-21.  I understand that one of my entries requires the federal to be accepted.  My federal was actually accepted 2-10-21.  Now what! 

This needs to be addressed! Clearly there’s a large scale issue going on with CA State filings. Turbo Tax needs to get to the bottom of this error. Been using turbo tax for many years and this has never happened before. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies