Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mcfly32885
Returning Member

Why is my federal transcript showing N/A???

I have seen my transcripts once,I filed on 1/24 accepted that night
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

29 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@mcfly32885

What status is your return in?  If it is still Pending, it may show this.  Please see the Help Article here for further assistance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mcfly32885
Returning Member

My federal return was accepted 1/24

mcfly32885
Returning Member

It was accepted 1/24

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are seeing this on the IRS website, this is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update and show the status. The 21 days is just an estimated time frame. You may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated.

Since Turbo Tax will not have the status of your refund, continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS.

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

Rekarhodes
Returning Member

Mine says the same thing filed 1/31 and was accepted the same day… nothing bar are gone and amount is gone to

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Rekarhodes please refer to the information above, posted by @SForrestLO

Caradee285
Returning Member

I filed Feb 3rd. Was accepted Feb 3rd. Transcripts say n/a for 3 weeks now. No bars. Says processing and will give a date. But this has been weeks now..any help?

Check TT … if it says the IRS accepted the return for processing then they did … how long it will take to process and approve your refund is something only the IRS can answer:    https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ 

Checking the IRS site … no record found can be shown from time to time even if you enter everything correctly and this is normal.   I will also be this way if you try unsuccessfully too many times in a row … then you are locked out for a day.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2584108-why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-my-refund-w...

Sometimes people get confused by the “summary” given by TurboTax and use the wrong amount for the federal refund.  Make sure you are only using the federal refund amount, and not an amount that combined your federal and state refunds.  

Your federal refund amount is on line 35a of your Form 1040

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

My federal tax return is showing the year 2022 it did say n/a for awhile. The IRS did not post my return until March 11th to the IRS system. Today is the 21 day mark. My refund is still being processed. I didn't get a letter from the IRS. 

Caradee285
Returning Member

Have u verified your identity? That was my issue the whole time. 

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

Please review this resource @baumlucas.

Erica1104
Returning Member

My refund was filed 2/11 so I am way passed 21 days and almost at 60 days so why am I still N /A STATUS 

Caradee285
Returning Member

I was at 46 days. My transcripts said n/a. Wmr said still processing  The IRS is not mailing out notifications to verify your identity. So you have to call to find out that you have to verify. I received mine 10 days after. Hope this helps! There's a site you can verify your identity as well.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? for reasons why you may be unable to track the status of your refund. You can also try calling the WMR automated hotline at 1-800-829-1954 to check the status of your refund.

Refunds usually take about 21 days after the IRS has accepted your e-filed return. Although, sometimes it can take longer. The IRS is taking more than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days) to issue refunds for tax returns with the Recovery Rebate Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit. Please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? for more information.

@Erica1104

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies