turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Joshmd
Returning Member

Why hasnt my taxes been accepted?

Mine hasn’t been accepted or rejected I have NEVER had this problem before. It’s always accepted within hours even if I file in middle Feb. please help irs has no records of this 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Steph 0000
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue. Filed on Tuesday, February 11th and still pending acceptance by irs. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Your return will stay in Pending status until the IRS finishes processing the backlog of returns. After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24–48 hours before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Sometimes returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer. Unfortunately, TurboTax has no control over how long the IRS takes to accept a return.

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

DIAMOND2

MY WIFE HAS PASSED I-16-2020 AND I HAVEN'T SEEN HER W-2, i didn't beleve she had to file because she is on SSI

Yes. I have the same problem. I filed on February 8, 2020, and was accepted in a couple of hours both. As of February 15, 2020, the IRS site is showing nothing. So I decided to call the IRS 1800 number. The 1800 number on this date 02.15.2020 stated that... We have received your taxes and it is being processed. However the IRS site is still showing nothing or the app.

Yes. I have the same problem. I filed on February 8, 2020, and was accepted in a couple of hours both. As of February 15, 2020, the IRS site is showing nothing. So I decided to call the IRS 1800 number. The 1800 number on this date 02.15.2020 stated that... We have received your taxes and it is being processed. However, the IRS site is still showing nothing or the app. Thank you

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

If you are receiving the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit, your refund will be delayed.

The IRS expects Earned Income Tax Credit related refunds to be available starting the first week in March if you chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with your return.

The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act states that the IRS cannot issue refunds for the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit before mid-February. The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund, even the amount that is not associated with these credits.

For more information click on this IRS Article.

Please see the IRS Where's my Refund to check the status of your refund. 

@MsDebbieWest

@MsDebbieWest hi, I work for the IRS. There are a few people I've spoken with who cannot get WMR? to work, I even had one person who received their refund and it still wouldn't work. I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with it, but I'm glad you called and the refund line worked for you.

Most of these people it's saying pending on turbotax, they haven't gotten the acceptance email yet.

Thank you

I'm trying too summit my taxes and I get a email saying they been rejected by the IRS...can you help me

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes! Help and assistance with fixing your rejected return has been posted for you below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/how-do-i-fix-a-rejected-return/00/26136

Chris66ty

UMM....  when you filed on the congratulations page.... it listed 3 dates across the top...  did you read them??

they are.... date filed.... date expected to be accepted... date of refund...  the refund date is about 20 days out from the date you filed....  could be longer if lots of people file at the same time...  go back and check your dates...  and then I guess just wait like the rest of us... LOL!!!

I nedd telephone number TurboTax in Spanish, please, send me to [email address removed]. thanks

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Spanish Speaking Line;  877-282-0801

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies