Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Looking through last year's community question about this it may mean you have to verify information with the IRS, I'm thinking that may be the case for me as I moved in December but didn't change my address right away. 

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

I am going thru the same thing myself. I was able to look online for over a week now and now the irs website says that my info doesn't match records 🤦

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. 

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I efiled on Monday and I havent received a email saying that my return was accepted or rejected. Every time I try and check it on where’s my refund it says my information is not correct. What can I do to make sure it was sent 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Happen2020 You can check your e-file status by following the instructions below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a delay in processing until mid February. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status. You can track the status of your state return by following the directions in the following TurboTax FAQ.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

Note: You will need your social security number, filing status, and refund amount in order to track your Federal refund.

Call the phone refund info. Wmr is often glitching or wrong. If its been accepted on tt and no letters yet its prob finr

It says pending 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. Continue to track your status using the Where's My Refund? tool at the IRS website.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

It’s been 72 hours and it hasn’t been accepted yet it’s still pending. I just want to know why it hasn’t been accepted or rejected yet

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Happen2020  Unfortunately, TurboTax has no control over how long the IRS takes to accept a return. After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 48 hours hours or longer before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer.

Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

Thanks they were just accepted 

Hello anyone experience this but got the correct reason why!! For the last past days I have been able to track my refund status I went from path message to my return is being processed lastnight and today and now I just checked it’s saying incorrect information when I put my information to track status!!! Help I’m lost and new to this!!!

I’m going through the same thing rightnow why?

I filed 2/3, was accepted within an hour- I have been checking IRS “where’s my refund”, it said just yesterday that it was accepted and being processed, and to check back mid-late February. I checked this morning and now it’s saying “information you’ve entered is incorrect.” What is going on? Everything I am entering IS correct. 

Its normal. Just be patient it happens every year

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies