turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Any update is urs working now? I checked this morning and it's happening to me 

Kaykay1619
Returning Member

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Yes mine also says the same thing the irs needs to fix it . 

When i go onto the irs website to check my refund... it says no information is available at this time for the information you inputed. I filed mines sinxe begging of febuary .. Around the 10th... Still says up to today that no information is avaialble .. So i go onto irs application for phone says invalid info.. 

But then again TURBOTAX when i logg in it says accepted for federal and accepetd for ca also i bought the max delux master plan increasing my security so no one can use my social ? Idk if that helps but still even today i just checked again Feb 25, 2021 still says unavailbe this also has me tripping what if someone did use my socail to get my taxes ... Whats going on 

@Tracibear1 

Hey, I’m in Florida too! Mine did the same thing and I immediately thought I messed something up like last year. Mine went back to the 1 bar status a couple days later. This year is kind of scary too because of all of the extras. My fingers are crossed this time for sure, good luck! 

Yeah I checked again this morning.  Hoping that it would work. But im trying not to freak myself out because obviously there is nothing I can do until the 5th "21 days" they say until they can look into it. But hopefully I will not have to call and wait any longer. But if anyone knows what's going on and why it would let me look at it for almost 2 weeks and then all of a sudden says wrong info let me know. Hope everyone else that is having the same issue gets theirs quick too. 

Is it normal to see it pending one day and then it says the information doesn’t match the next day ? 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status
  • Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.
  • If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS directly

Please see the below Turbo Tax FAQ for additional information: Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I went on and it says that mine got excepted and has been accepted and is being processed but when I try to enter the amount it says that amount entered is incorrect! 

Ya mine doesn't even let me see it at all. Try the phone line and see if your able to get any information off of that. The only thing I get worried with the phone line is does it update as often as the wmr app or on the website. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry. This could mean the IRS's website hasn't updated since you filed your return. If you get the message "We cannot provide any information about your refund", that doesn't mean something's wrong.  Please see this FAQ  for more information regarding the  Where's my refund message.

Thats what's happening to a few of us. My question to you is are u receiving your stimulus on your refund OR did you claim your 2019 earnings on this refund bc u made less? If so I was told by someone from h&r block no offense to turbo bc I filed with turbo but when I called noone had the information she said because the stimulus in the refunds and people allowed go claim their prior year earnings they r going to a department called ers where they take it out of processing and do it by hand. 🤷‍♀️ she said it shouldn't delay it by much if at all. But we shall see. 

Mine was filed on turbo tax on the 8th and accepted on the 12th I was able to view it just fine til 3 days ago. I was told by someone at a different company that it is how the IRS is processing the taxes this year. It is going to a department called ERS which is typically for incomplete or missing information but since it has alot of actual people hands on in that department and these refunds have to be calculated by hand apparently thats why we are seeing the information is incorrect because it was taken out of processing. 

Same here very odd! My sister said Hers  was pending yesterday and she got her check today.  so imma just let god take it from here. 

So if it says incorrect information then they are most likely processing your refund for the next day or updating the status to approved?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

It could be a couple of reason's as to why the website is saying the information provided doesn't match. If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status
  • Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.
  • If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS directly.

Please see the below Turbo Tax FAQ for additional information: Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BreaGreen

What happened? Did it get fixed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies