Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Neshell
Returning Member

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Yes it changes to giving me a date because I was working with a tax advocate and it came I would say within 3-4 weeks 

Nikki38

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Mine doing it to

I got a email that my tax return was accepted but now i cant get on the irs app because it says that my information is not correct

I been able to access my stuff on the irs and its telling me the samething as other ppl that my info dont match and im putting in the right info.

From what I have read until the IRS updates their system and starts processing people returns we will have this error message.  It could days or weeks until we see it updated. 

Sherae86

I was able to see 1 bar on Wheres my refund as i was accepted for federal as well as state( Illinois). Now i guess an update happen last night and its literally not letting me sign in. It says error rf that I put incorrect information which im not. Its the same info ive been using since i was accepted on feb 12th 2021. Smh. Anyone know what it could be?

It just told me my taxes failed after they was accepted so i just resent them i aint never had this problem

This exact thing is happening to me

I’m not 100% on this but I just wanted to give you an answer. JH sent your return but the IRS did not start accepting returns until February 12th 2021. So this maybe that issue that they have not received it. But that is something you should have gotten an email. You may have to go to JH or call them up and see what they say. Like I said I’m not 100% but I believe that’s the case now. 

Smeldrum

HELLO!! I was having this issue for like 2 weeks and i FINALLY figured it out. So when you did ur taxes through turbotax, they give you a total that combines both state and federal refund amounts. To see your refund you NEED TO ONLY PUT THE FEDERAL AMOUNT!!! If you put the total that turbotax gives you its technically the wrong info because the amount youre getting from your federal is not combined with state, to view state refund status you MUST LOOK THAT UP SEPARATELY ON YOUR STATE WEBSITE NOT IRS WEBSITE!!! 

Pass this along to anyone struggling with this issue! If it does not work even after this, then i Apologize.

Smeldrum

Its not your total that turbotax gave you its only the federal amount, if you add state with it (which turbotax does automatically) then it will not let you see the status of your return!

Smeldrum

Helloo! I have had the same issue all week. I figured it out tho! Please make sure youre only putting your federal amount, not the amount of your entire refund. You have to subtract your state return to see it!! Turbotax gives you a total if you add both state and federal, you need to take that total munis your state amount! You should have an option on turbotax that says see all returns. It will list totals separately so you can see them. Only use the federal total!

I do not have state taxes only federal for I am in florida and mine is saying the same thing. I have triple checked. I am inputting everything correctly I even went back to turbo tax to double check and nothing still the same message I've the irs and they cannot view it because it has not been 21 days yet which will be next week. She said check back tomorrow it will say if there is an issue or maybe it's just updating. Let's hope. 

I never figured out why this was happening and could never get ahold of anyone to confirm my information to make sure the IRS had it correct but everything came out ok.. I had to mail in my paper form and it took along time but that was because of COVID

Oh no. I hope I don't have to jump through any hoops. This last 12 months has been stressful enough. 😫

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies