turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sassyg65

Why am I unable to find my tax information?

On 1/30/2020, I filed my taxes, I was prompted to file additional W-2's if necessary. I filed 2 separate W-2's and saw 2 different refund amounts,  but I don't see the 2nd set of documents when I lo
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

It looks like your question got cut off, please respond back so that we can try to help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can only file 1 tax return for all your income.  Did you file the first W2 before you entered the additional W2s?  You would have to mail in an Amended return.  So post back for help.

if you did enter all your income before you filed there is only one refund for the total income.  Its common for your refund to go down as you enter more income.   It just looks that way because you put them in as separate W2s and saw the tax due change in between them. If it all was on one W2 you would get the same answer. And each job was withholding like it was your only job.

Because you only get one standard deduction no matter how many W2s you put in. Turbo Tax starts out by giving you the Standard Deduction.  You entered more income when you entered the second W2 but you didn't enter more deductions.  And each job only withheld taxes like it was your only job for the year.  You might want to adjust your withholding.  Also as you add more income you might not be getting as many credits as before like the EIC credit.  And it was probably giving you the EIC credit until you went over.

See,   https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/why-did-my-refund-drop-when-i-entered-a-second-w-2/00...

Hello

I filed my taxes and saved it before I e-filed.  Now I can no longer find my taxes when I go back on line to look and print  them.  I also filed taxes for someone else and saved them to my computer and was getting ready to e-file them also (3/13/20).  I can no longer find these taxes either.  I have never had this to happen.  Now I have no record of these taxes.  When I log in, all it does is take me to the screen to begin a new tax.

Do you keep a copy of taxes that are done on Turbotax?  I don't want to do these taxes all over again. Can a Turbotax Tec  respong?

@57LeaHcim19 wrote:

Hello

I filed my taxes and saved it before I e-filed.  Now I can no longer find my taxes when I go back on line to look and print  them.  I also filed taxes for someone else and saved them to my computer and was getting ready to e-file them also (3/13/20).  I can no longer find these taxes either.  I have never had this to happen.  Now I have no record of these taxes.  When I log in, all it does is take me to the screen to begin a new tax.

Do you keep a copy of taxes that are done on Turbotax?  I don't want to do these taxes all over again. Can a Turbotax Tec  respong?

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

By default all saved tax data files and saved PDF's are in the Documents directory and in the TurboTax folder.  If there are no files in the TurboTax folder then search your hard drive for the tax files with a file extension of .tax*.  If a Windows based PC also look in the Recycle Bin, One Drive, USB Drives or Network Drives.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies