turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Steph08
Returning Member

Who sends the approval or Denial emails for Refund advance? Who can we reach out to to check the status?

I read through all of the online info on the TT site. I can't seem to find any information as to who sends the approval or denial emails. 

A little background, I filed my return 1/16 was accepted 1/21. I have received emails about setting up my turbo card and have since completed that and have the physical card that is now activated. The account balance is zero, I haven't received an email saying if my advance was approved or denied as of yet. The verbiage on TT indicated you will see an acceptance or denial email within an hour of your refund being approved and if approved your advance on your card within 48 hours. I haven't seen any correspondence at all. I have checked both my Spam and typical inbox. 

As many times as people have asked questions in this forum, there have been no direct answers on who we can reach out to about loan status or who the email sender would be. It's pretty frustrating and absurd that we would have to pay an extra fee to talk to a live person just to ask a question not related to filing our taxes. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Who sends the approval or Denial emails for Refund advance? Who can we reach out to to check the status?

How will I know if I'm approved for Refund Advance and how long does it usually take?

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

Why wasn't I approved for a Refund Advance?

Unfortunately, you did not meet the qualification criteria for the Refund Advance. First Century Bank NA will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance.

If you didn't pre-qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• Your federal refund was not $500 or more.
  • You did not agree to all the Refund Advance terms and conditions.
  • You owed the U.S. Government or your State.
  • You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.

What if I don't qualify for Refund Advance?

If you don't qualify, you'll receive an email confirming you won’t receive a Refund Advance. It will include information about why you were not eligible for a Refund Advance. Your federal refund (minus any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto a Turbo Visa Debit Card.1

1 Important offer details and disclosures

Steph08
Returning Member

Thank you, but as I have said I've read all of that information and NOTHING is answering the questions that I have asked. 

Well that is all that is posted ...

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Bpay_e27
Returning Member

This is my current situation as well. No denial, no approval, no funds. Did you ever figure anything out? 

AshLynx
Returning Member

From what I understand, the one hour applies to receiving an email to set up your turbo card account, where you can also see your temporary card info. Since the IRS officially opened today 1/27/20, to begin processing returns, you should receive an email within the next 48 hours to confirm advance approval or denial, and THEN the funds will be loaded onto the card. 

The information given when first submitting the return was misleading, because it makes it sound as though you’ll have your advance within an hour which is not the case.

I am having the exact same problems I am beyond frustrated and stressed out I obviously need the advance that I was preapproved for which was $500 and I received the exact same emails and can’t get any straight answers I just keep getting pond off from Turbo Tax to The IRS to the First Century Bank back to I’m still sitting here with no advance or refund. I literally can’t take much more. Mrs Cuomo

Fuc12dawg

Bull**bleep**. I did so and they said they don't know anything about their own services. I'm never using this crap again. I'll have a child prepare my return before turbotax ever again 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies