Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wheres my refund is saying i'm entering wrong information and im not

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

43 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If it has been 24 hours since the IRS accepted your tax return, be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. Also if you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees.If you are filing joint, be sure to enter the filers information that appears first on the return.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

my return was accepted on feb 14th. it was approved by the irs and it gave me a feb 26 deposit date for my refund. then all of a sudden today it started saying i was entering wrong info. but this info has worked just fine until now. when i call the irs.gov automated phone line it still gives me a refund deposit date of feb 26th. 

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. TurboTax updates what stage your return is in and the IRS site updates when you can expect your refund:

• E-filing status is what stage of the process your return is in.
  • Refund status is when you can expect your refund. 

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS.

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. 

Please see below for more information on what accepted means:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

I filled in February 2021 and was excepted on feb 14th I still did not receive it  and it’s March 23 2021 . I go on there website and it’s saying I’m putting wrong info in . When do you thing is the latest I will get my return because this has me so upset.

Mine is saying the same thing. I have no idea of the status. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You may need to wait a bit longer for the system to update as sometimes it takes a little more time.  The IRS has had to implement many changes in the last few weeks so they may be taking a bit longer.  Trying using the following link to track your refund.

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

@KellyReilee

@Cherylanne1985

It showed me when it was accepted and has one orange bar but now it’s showing that they can’t find it  

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Cherylanne1985 Have you tried calling the IRS to ascertain more information on your personal return? Here's how you can reach them: What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

nursesusan
Returning Member

Why does my status keep saying I enter the w  ty one information? 

nursesusan
Returning Member

Mine is saying same thing that I am entering wrong info

@nursesusan wrote:

Mine is saying same thing that I am entering wrong info

You do need to make sure you are entering the correct info.  I'll give some tips below.   But be aware there are some problems with the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool, and it is telling a lot of folks that it cannot find their info.

The IRS has put the following notice on their website, which is the first yellow box on the WMR page.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

"Issues with Where's My Refund

Currently the Where’s My Refund tool is telling some users, in error, that they have entered their information incorrectly. We (the IRS) are working to resolve this issue and will update this message once the issue is corrected."

That being said, here are some tips when using the IRS WMR tool:

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

I haven’t see a clear answer for this question. 
It literally says I enter red wrong info .

such as:

I entered the wrong social for my child which I did not because at the end of turbo tax it reviews all your info and it’s on my final documents .

my child is over 18 but he is my college dependent ! I support him .Full time student . 

IRS has people that are messing up people taxes it’s a darn shame they are just stealing peoples money !

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Mesquitebean has provided a clear answer on this with an excerpt from the IRS website - please review that response above @gaaez1.

My refund kept saying processing for 6 weeks.  Now when I put my information in it said I am entering wrong information when it's right. Don't understand why.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies