Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where’s my federal refund?

This was helpful - but was forwarded to an automated message saying due to high call volume, my call can't be processed and then it disconnected!

Jrbecerra

Yeah IRS is backed up bad I’m going on 3 months without my taxes,  and now turbo tax is sending me a bill for doing their taxes with them and I still haven’t got my return. Last time I’m using them to do my taxes. 

I have this same question. I got an email from turbo tax saying they were going to deduct the turbo tax payment from my bank account of my refund was less than payment or if the irs was still processing it. Good luck trying to get any of my money before I do is all I have to say. Why should you get any part of my taxes before I do? You need to wait like we do or go fill in for the help needed at IRS an$ get these payments out that our ours instead of taking from us and damaging us and our bills more and more with your rushed unexpected refund charge

nashea, Turbo has been waiting to get paid just like we have. If you read what you agreed to, you would see, they have the right to get paid even if we haven't received our refund.  They can if it's been 60 days or longer. ALSO if you would READ you would see that you can ask Turbo to give you more time cause you are having money troubles or etc.

I just don't get it how those of you want to keep blaming turbo. You signed a agreement with them. Yeah the only thing most read and saw was they would get paid out of our refunds. MOST OF YOU FOLKS don't READ beyond that.

Best time to call is real early in the morning. It's after 7am.

I think it’s just everyone has so much frustration right now, I know when I went to the IRS website, signed in, it dose say “we do not see your electronic filing, contact the software company “

so immediately my thoughts are 1st - why did Turbo send me an email saying the IRS accepted my filing,  2nd - why am I going to pay for an electric filing that didn’t go through 3rd - what the heck happened and 4th - now what am I going to do.  BUT after seeing some of the other responses that I have weeded through I see I just have to wait. 
AND early on I did state if this is THIS YEARs way of life, I have NO problem paying. 

Dugnoot

I filed with you people. Paid you people and it’s been almost 2 months. WHERE IS MY REFUND????????is there something wrong?? It was checked by you people!! WHATS GONIG IN NOW!!!!

@Dugnoot wrote:

I filed with you people. Paid you people and it’s been almost 2 months. WHERE IS MY REFUND????????is there something wrong?? It was checked by you people!! WHATS GONIG IN NOW!!!!

Go to this IRS website for operational status - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of May 22, 2021, we had less than 100,000 individual tax returns received prior to 2021 in the processing pipeline. Including current year returns, as of May 22, 2021, we had 18.2 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Dugnoot

I don’t care about them being backlogged. If I owed them money they would be buried up my ass. But I am expecting a refund and now I have to wait. This absolutely sucks😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Dugnoot

I did NOT VOTE FOR BIDEN!!! When will I get my refund ??????????

YVONG51

Then I guess you can wait to be payed

Not sure what or whom you are talking about or to. People need to learn to read posts and read what they signed.

LOL Maybe August after they get all the Biden supporters out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies