Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where’s my federal refund?

So if as you say the RS is seriously backlogged and millions are waiting, why does Turbo Tax still say, "Expect your refund within 3 weeks"?   Seems like every time I log onto my TT I wait for upgrades.   Should these upgrades have a disclaimer that TT is static and only IRS tax rules are being upgraded?

Kamicoop

I don’t mind paying the 168.58.   When I get refund you get paid also.   It been way past 21 days.   The state refund was with in 3 weeks.  So what gives. 

I had some issue Feb 16th , called IRS and found out what was the issue and resolved it in less then 10min on the phone with agent. From my experience stop waiting call find out what the hold up is, Turbotax is charging you matter what! They should have to wait as we do but they only give you a 3 weeks extension that's it. You night need a few tries till you get thru IRS but it was well worth in my situation!

Posted how to get around the system to talk to an agent on here prior or just Google it. 

We have been waiting since Feb. 11th 2021. It seems they are able to get stimulus out real quick but not our refunds. IRS even sent one of our stimulus checks to Turbo tax and they were to get it into our bank. Since the last package, which is why refunds are delayed, that Biden came up with, has those that got unemployment and paid taxes on it, gotten, the taxes, forgotten.  So you can get more of a refund. But from what I understand is that it is going to be done in phases on the refunds. Which doesn't make sense since the way they plan on doing it they are going to start with families first and then in phase 2 go by married couples and etc. We, as elderly persons, need our refund just as much as families do. We live off a fixed income every month. No money to take care of our needs. We counted on refund every year to put oil in tank to have heat.

I haven't received anything just a bill from you guys saying I owe you,$315.00 dollars for services you provided ...but I haven't even gotten my refund how can I pay you

rcarter3413
Returning Member

I thought we completed my taxes on 3/15/21. I got a message congraulated me that we did it. Then I got another message saying that the IRS had accepted on 4/13/21. I tryed using your free help information site and some how got two charges to my bank account and my check went back to the IRS. The bank took charge and closed my account for possible fraud.  I really don`t know whats going on. 

any help would be apprieated.    

I filed in February and still haven’t got my refund and now turbo tax wants some money. They about to wait just like we all have to. Plus isn’t turbo tax supposed to be “ free free free free free”? A bunch of BS. I’ll be taking my talents somewhere else next year

I want to know why my taxes taken so long to get back

If you drew unemployment last year and paid taxes this could be one reason why. We filed and have been waiting since feb. 11th for ours.

Turbo is free if you clicked on the free one. There is a lot of us waiting on our refunds. If you drew unemployment I understand that is why most are late. In Biden's last stimulus package ,he signed, it was put in it that anyone that paid taxes on their unemployment will get that back. You have to meet the income guide that he put in the bill in order to receive the tax you paid in. Research this and it may help you to understand but still doesn't give you answers as to when you will get refund.

Kfoldes

It appears the turbo from last year has taken my account and did not change it which I had several changes, with that I did my taxes this year with the changes and prepaid for the account  and you re charged my account for another 20 . 
   Any chance you can look into this matter? 
 Thank you 

Kathleen Foldes

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Many people are experiencing significant refund delays.

Create or login to your account at the IRS to look for an explanation here: IRS: View Your Tax Account Information.

Otherwise, to reach the IRS: 

To check what has been e-filed,

For more information, see:

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

Why is my IRS refund taking longer than 21 days?

If there is a problem with the charges for using TurboTax software, please contact TurboTax at (800) 446 - 8848. Otherwise, see:

Well, the IRS is still claiming that most refunds are issued within 21 days.  But see: 

Tax refund delays could continue as backlog of tax returns is growing, tax advocate says - CBS News

Hey guys. I filed on 2-9 before the unemployment tax break became law. I received a deposit from the IRS last week, but it hasn't been adjusted for the taxes I paid on unemployment income. I was told that the adjustment will be made separately. Who knows when. It's frustrating because there's no reason for the IRS to have a backlog. Companies like TurboTax and H&R Block have over complicated the tax system to the point where the IRS can't even function. It's time for tax law change. If a high school graduate can't do their own taxes, something has to change. There should be no reason to have to hire an attorney or a company in order to pay your individual taxes. 

TurboTax also charges extra to take it from the refund. So they are still taking their money and getting paid extra even though we haven't even gotten our refund 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies