Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtpool2

Where is the tax history report in the 2020 version?

I would like to compare my taxes for the last 5 years
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax desktop versions click on the "Tools" tab a the top left and then "Tax History". 

For online versions you will need to print/download all forms and worksheets to get the tax history worksheet. 

Here is a link to print/download your accepted return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The ONLY way that I could get a 5 year Tax History Report that included 2020 was as follows:

1. Printed a 2019 Tax History Report. (this gave me 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2015)

2. Printed a 2020 Tax History Report (previous years 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 are blank on my printout)

3. Cut 2015 from step 1 and pasted 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 onto 2020 Tax History Report

For me this was a lot easier than trying any of the "fixes" that I read about on this community board.

Hopefully, next year, TurboTax will have resolved the issue and I will not have to do another cut and paste.

Hope this helps

Ed 

I couldn't get prior years' tax history into my 2020 Tax History Report either. I didn't cut and paste, as another person mentioned above, but I did something similar. I clicked on the Forms icon in the top left corner of the downloaded TurboTax version and clicked on the Tax History Report in the list of forms. Then I dug out my printed copy of 2019's Tax History Report for all of the prior years' history. Then I tabbed my way through the 2020 Tax History report that's in the downloaded version and typed in all of the appropriate numbers by referring to 2019's Tax History Report (2020's numbers were already filled in, of course, from using the program). Manually entering the numbers wasn't as time-consuming as it may sound, and everything I entered saved to the Form as I worked. Then I went back to Easy Step (in the top left corner of the downloaded version) and when I went to Print and Save my 2020 return, my Tax History Report was properly filled out for every year. Hopefully, it will all transfer next year to 2021's Tax History Report. It's odd that so many of us ended up without any Tax History.

elek2345

where can I find detailed tax comparison and deductions for the past 5 years

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

If you are using the Online version, your Tax History Report can be found by locating the worksheets that were included in your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return, that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets.  Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted.

Please see the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1. Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return or prior year returns.

2. Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click on show.

3. Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)

4. In the left side panel click on Tax Tools then click on Print Center.

5. Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.

6. Then select the option to print or view the year needed for federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.

7. This will allow you to print your complete tax file.

8. Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

@elek2345 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies