Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is the running refund amount as I enter my taxes?

In previous years it would update as I entered information, but this year I don't see anything.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies

Click on < or > and the refund monitor should re appear

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Or do you see RACEMODE ?  If so click on REVIEW to close the useless tool ...

refund meter closed.jpgrefund meter open.jpgrefund meter RACEMODE .jpg

I don't have any of those options.  I see the "racemode" bar but NOT the icon/name 'racemode'.  I can only see my running total refund/payment when I select "Review" at the bottom of the left navigation bar.  This is horrible.  My running total was key feature that I use to help me do my taxes.  PLEASE bring the running total back to an obvious place on the all of the pages.

Click on "Review" at the bottom of the left-hand column. Clicking on that brought up my running federal and state totals.

I also loved this feature and can't find it anywhere. Clicking on "review" doesn't preview anything! It just acts like i'm ready to file.  I want to cry right now. This is the last time I am filing with TurboTax if this feature is not reinstated. H&R block here I come!  maybe i'll go there this year, actually because this sucks. 

I can't find it and I am not happy. Will be looking at alternatives next year.

I couldn't agree more - losing this feature is maddening - and totally unprofessional and unacceptable. I am a 20 year+ customer ready to quit and throw my computer through the window - My kids are just starting and I will have all three of us switch to another service permanently. The support on this is pathetic as well - doing this and jacking up the cost substantially at the same time - not cool! 

Why did they remove this????

Agree with all the comments here.  This is a key feature that seems to have disappeared and I feel so strongly about it that not only will I not use this product next year, I will actively promote competitors to friends, family and whoever else will listen if they don't change this back.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Try this workaround.  It has worked for some.  If you have started to enter information such as a W-2, and don't see the meter go to the Federal Review section. Click on all the way through ignoring the prompts to fix things and the meter should turn back on. 

Then return to the section needed to enter your other income or deductions/credits.

@ThinlineRocker 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also totally agree with the consensus! This wasn't just a feature. It was a tool to ensure you we using the program correctly. It has saved me from entering positive or negative data incorrectly in the past. This needs to be restored, or I will not be using TT again after 25+ years of using it! I used to recommend everyone to use TT. Not anymore! I will be doing quite the opposite!

So can anyone recommend another program that shows the running tally?

This^ worked for me.  Thank goodness!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is a FAQ: Why don’t I see the tracker that shows my refund or taxes owed?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rhincodon

Huge miss, I agree!  Even at the beginning I use that feature to see if I did my withholding the way I intended.  This needs to come back.  The workaround posted (going all the way through Federal review) did work but was a pain and totally unnecessary.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies